PDA

View Full Version : Target toy clearance...Is anyone not excited by the selection?

Blakes Mommy
01-04-2013, 03:54 PM
I bought so much the last couple years during the January clearance. I got really great gifts. I was looking through the area and didn't see much that wowed me. I have boys and aside from a few cars items it seemed like slim pickings. I went up and down and did see some clearance sticker on things but it seems like there was so much more choice before. They did have one section marked 50%, but, the rest was just mixed in. Maybe I will check our other Target that's a little farther away. I am just not that excited for the 70% next week. I feel like Target must have ordered way less merchandise...or maybe some things will just come out of nowhere and get marked to 70% next week.

mypa
01-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Yes, I have noticed a dramatic reduction in clearance toy inventory. I remember one winter (last yr or 2 yrs ago?) I came out with two cart fulls, there was so much stuff at 50-70% off. Now things disappear when there is 30% off so a lot of merchandise never even make it to 50%, much less 70%. I also think overall stores are carrying less inventory (except the NM stuff, LOL!).

Now that my kids are getting older and not as much into toys it hasn't bothered me.

Blakes Mommy
01-04-2013, 05:08 PM
I forgot to post that if anyone is looking for leapfrog explorer games I saw one title marked down "penguins of Madagascar" that would be a good deal at 70%. We already have had that game for a couple years so maybe they are going to clearance some older games. I also did see a couple tag book titles on clearance. Our store had Dora, another that was a sticker activity book, and one other that I can't remember.

stratosphere03
01-04-2013, 05:30 PM
I agree! In fact, I browsed the toy aisle when I was shopping today and told my DH that there aren't any toys on clearance that I'm interested in. The Lego clearance is especially disappointing because it's mostly Hero Factory, which my boys have no interest in. There was a small monster fighter set that my YDS would like, but I won't go out of my way to try to get it. It's definitely getting harder to buy ahead now that my boys are older and pickier, but I thought I could probably find a few things on clearance to stalk.

Blakes Mommy
01-04-2013, 05:54 PM
I forgot to post that if anyone is looking for leapfrog explorer games I saw one title marked down "penguins of Madagascar" that would be a good deal at 70%. We already have had that game for a couple years so maybe they are going to clearance some older games. I also did see a couple tag book titles on clearance. Our store had Dora, another that was a sticker activity book, and one other that I can't remember.

I remembered the other leap tag book was Chuggington

sunshineboy
01-04-2013, 06:00 PM
I always get jealous of you guys' Target findings. I never get anything close to that and I just assumed it was because of differences in different Targets

Blakes Mommy
01-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I agree! In fact, I browsed the toy aisle when I was shopping today and told my DH that there aren't any toys on clearance that I'm interested in. The Lego clearance is especially disappointing because it's mostly Hero Factory, which my boys have no interest in. There was a small monster fighter set that my YDS would like, but I won't go out of my way to try to get it. It's definitely getting harder to buy ahead now that my boys are older and pickier, but I thought I could probably find a few things on clearance to stalk.

Yeah, on one hand my DH will probably be happy that I won't be buying as much,! On the Other though he does think it's great when Birthdays/ Christmas rolls around and we don't have to buy a bunch last minute at full price, since we have a good selection! No matter what though there is always one or two things that I buy closer to the occasion. As kids get older I am sure I will not be buying much ahead as they get more specific requests and change their mind closer to their Birthdays/Christmas. If I buy something for a super good deal and then think they may not want/need it I can always make give it as a gift or donate it, so not a total loss!

rin
01-04-2013, 09:46 PM
I guess I'm new to the Target winter toy clearance, so I don't have much to compare it to. I was *thrilled* to pick up a Duplo Cinderella's castle set (normally 49.99) for 14.98 earlier today. None of the other sets of Duplos were on clearance, though. How do they decide what goes on sale and what doesn't?

Babymakes3
01-04-2013, 09:54 PM
I looked thru the toy aisles tonight, ds HAD to have this little flatbed tow truck he'd been eyeing for a while that was 5.xx down from 8.xx. They had an empty aisle that said stuff was coming soon like for clearance yet the bulk of the clearance was on endcaps still. It looked to be just a bunch of random stuff, most of which I had never heard of and it was still 30%. It was 30% the day after Christmas so i'm hoping it will go 50% next week...

Choccie
01-05-2013, 12:00 AM
I guess I'm new to the Target winter toy clearance, so I don't have much to compare it to. I was *thrilled* to pick up a Duplo Cinderella's castle set (normally 49.99) for 14.98 earlier today. None of the other sets of Duplos were on clearance, though. How do they decide what goes on sale and what doesn't?

Great find! Now I'm super bummed - saw that on the top shelf yesterday and just figured someone had put it in the wrong place. I should have scanned it!

anonomom
01-05-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm not bowled over by the deal, but I was able to pick up some Polly Pocket sets half off for some upcoming 4th birthday parties. Also, lots of mermaid toys (can't remember the name) which are a hit with DDs' friends these days.

tny915
01-05-2013, 01:08 AM
I usually don't have much luck at the toy clearance, but maybe I got lucky this year since the clearance aisle at my store isn't set up yet. All the clearance toys are still mixed in with the regular price toys, so it took time to find them. My Target had the Hexbug hives at 50% off for $17.xx, which is lower than Amazon's lowest price according to camelcamelcamel.

I found a Squinkies Mansion for half off too, $24.xx and saw a bunch of smaller Squinkies playsets and collections marked down. I also got a couple Dizzy Dancer sets for $4.xx.

Seitvonzu
01-05-2013, 10:28 AM
we have been stalking a polly pocket set-- the color change salon-- it was 50% off at our target (has been for over a week). it was the only set that my daughter did NOT get for christmas as part of her santa request "all the polly pockets in the universe' ;) (i'd told her she already had all the sets in the WORLD ;)) another store had a friend's pack 1/2 off but i resisted.... we have "friends" (lots and lots), but not that particularly set. i was good ;)

the store had at least 15 of the color change set last time i checked. (down from 20+ when it was 30% off).

then! my daughter's best friend gave it to her as a belated birthday present :) cool :)

even though my child turned 5, i'd get that cinderella duplo at $15 for sure. my child JUST showed interest in the (new?) ariel playground at toys r us. i'd think she was past that stuff, as she pretty much independently built the legos friends cafe, but she still enjoys it ? *shrug*

anonomom
01-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Great find! Now I'm super bummed - saw that on the top shelf yesterday and just figured someone had put it in the wrong place. I should have scanned it!

If it makes you feel better, I scanned that set this morning (just in case) and it was full price.

hellokitty
01-05-2013, 05:43 PM
I agree, the toy clearance at target sucks this yr, which is ok, since I've decided to really cut down the clutter by not adding to my gift closet stash anymore. I did find two items for my nephew's upcoming birthday, but nothing for my own kids. I may watch the razors and see if they go down further, since DS3 is ready for his own razor, but that's probably the only item that I'm halfway interested in.

katydid1971
01-05-2013, 06:30 PM
FYI I just picked up the OG bike for $12.xx YMMV
http://www.target.com/p/our-generation-anywhere-you-cruise-bicycle/-/A-14226100#prodSlot=medium_3_22&term=our%20generation

calebsmama03
01-05-2013, 11:04 PM
http://www.target.com/p/our-generation-anywhere-you-cruise-bicycle/-/A-14226100#prodSlot=medium_3_22&term=our%20generation

Good find! Darn, DD would love that! Closest one showing "limited stock" is 30 miles away so prob not worth the wild goose chase!

Choccie
01-06-2013, 02:46 AM
If it makes you feel better, I scanned that set this morning (just in case) and it was full price.

Lol - yes, it does make me feel better. It rang up at full price at 2 Targets today. I also tried to get the Citi Mini Stroller which people have been finding for $99 - there was 1 left in the store and it took 3 people to get me a price. They finally told me it was $270!! What!!

ZeeBaby
01-06-2013, 09:36 AM
I got a couple if toys for 50% off but the selection is very slim. Also not really anything I wanted was on sale and I refuse to just by stuff.

anonomom
01-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Lol - yes, it does make me feel better. It rang up at full price at 2 Targets today. I also tried to get the Citi Mini Stroller which people have been finding for $99 - there was 1 left in the store and it took 3 people to get me a price. They finally told me it was $270!! What!!

It's the City Micro that's on sale, which may account for the discrepancy. I don't think that one is $270 full price!

calebsmama03
01-06-2013, 01:46 PM

Argh. I hate target pricing! I'm at target and found th bike but it's marked and scanned $30.xx. Asked an associate to scan and see if it was missed for MD and nope. She was also super snarky when I asked if there was any way to know when the next round of toy mds would be and claimed there is "no schedule". There's one other store w limited stock but I hate to drive there only to find it's also $30. It's cute but def not more than $20 cute. :(

Thatchermom
01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Our target has at least 50 of those bikes. Minus the one in my closet! Really - a whole aisle on one side, just the bikes. So many I'm sure they'll get marked down further. Unfortunately they are so heavy it wouldn't be worth shipping to you all! Now that I have one I'm wondering if it will even work with DDs AG doll. Do the target dolls have bendable knees?

KrisM
01-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Our target has at least 50 of those bikes. Minus the one in my closet! Really - a whole aisle on one side, just the bikes. So many I'm sure they'll get marked down further. Unfortunately they are so heavy it wouldn't be worth shipping to you all! Now that I have one I'm wondering if it will even work with DDs AG doll. Do the target dolls have bendable knees?

DD got it for Christmas (and I'd totally buy another for $12!). The pedals are low enough that they fit without bendable knees. They can't 'ride' the bike, but you can strap their hands/feet on and push them around on it. The chain doesn't connect the pedals and wheels, so the pedals don't rotate when the bike is pushed. In other words, it works fine!

Choccie
01-06-2013, 02:50 PM
It's the City Micro that's on sale, which may account for the discrepancy. I don't think that one is $270 full price!

Sorry - yes it was the City Micro not the mini. I just don't have my stroller names correct!! They did have a B-Agile for $167 on clearance - it was sandstone color, just looked kind of blah. Also I'm pretty sure you can get that stroller in any color you want for that price online (including Amazon).

calebsmama03
01-06-2013, 04:37 PM

Ack! Are you kidding?? Are they down to 75% off there? They are s/o at all but 3 stores here (limited stock) and ours was only 30% so has a while to go before it would hit the $12 price. :(. It didn't feel crazy heavy but still shipping might be too much. Darn! I wonder why your store has so many? I'd never even seen the bike here so that means it was just 1-2 per store like the typical our gen large accessories.

Choccie
01-06-2013, 06:16 PM
All the holiday spin toothbrushes are on an end cap at my target - marked at $4.99 and ringing up as $4.99. I hate that every Target has such different pricing! I was happy to find some little packets of Hello Kitty figures - the ones where you can't tell what you are getting until you open. Regularly $2.99 - rang up at 29c. I bought 25 bags ready for DD's birthday gifts at school. She is 18 months old, these will be in storage a while but I have an illness and couldn't pass up the great deal!!! I found a couple of packets in the xmas section, but most of the packs were in the regular toy section. The Hello Kitty Series 2 still ring up at full price - so look for packs that just say "Hello Kitty"

Blakes Mommy
01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
I was at a different Target today with a bit more stock and 2 things to be on the lookout for are Leapfrog explorer or leap pad games....I saw another title "Toy Story" Of course we also have this one but will be around 6.00-7.50 when they mark down to 70 %.

Is anyone looking for a doll house? I saw one at today and thought wow this would be a great deal at 70%. I could have sworn it was creative playthings wooden that stacks or you can seperate the cubes. Retail is $130. and it was marked down to either 30 or 50% can't remember but will only be approx $32. If it goes 70%. I can't find the link.....I will look some more but I hope this helps! The store I was at had a few on the bottom shelf of an end cap.

Mommy2Abby
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
All the holiday spin toothbrushes are on an end cap at my target - marked at $4.99 and ringing up as $4.99. I hate that every Target has such different pricing! I was happy to find some little packets of Hello Kitty figures - the ones where you can't tell what you are getting until you open. Regularly $2.99 - rang up at 29c. I bought 25 bags ready for DD's birthday gifts at school. She is 18 months old, these will be in storage a while but I have an illness and couldn't pass up the great deal!!! I found a couple of packets in the xmas section, but most of the packs were in the regular toy section. The Hello Kitty Series 2 still ring up at full price - so look for packs that just say "Hello Kitty"

That is an awesome find. Are they squinkies?

joonbug
01-07-2013, 08:27 AM
I found the nano starter pack (just the little hexagon plastic pod eith one bug) ckearanced down to 6.xx from 12. Got it to see if DD would like the bugs and she loved it lol. Will look for another big one for her upcoming birthday!

lhafer
01-07-2013, 10:07 AM
I always get jealous of you guys' Target findings. I never get anything close to that and I just assumed it was because of differences in different Targets

Im with you. My target sucks and I don't even bother.

calebsmama03
01-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Im with you. My target sucks and I don't even bother.

It depends on the bargain hunters in your area. Mine used to be awesome! I have like 4 or 5 targets in a reasonable drive from me (20 mins or so) and I uses to get amazing deals. Remember the global bazaar stuff from years past? I always got huge mirrors, end tables, nice art, etc for 75 or even 90% back when all clearance eventually went to 90. Likewise with the stock up stuff- Venus razors, Kleenex brand tissues, huge pantenes for 75%. Now with all the damn blogs about target deals and crazy coupon forum sites too many people have caught on and things sell out ridiculously fast, even at 30 or 50%. :( I miss those days! You must have a lot of die hards in your area who know the schedule an hit stores at opening to clear things out. :(

liz
01-07-2013, 11:17 AM
. Now with all the damn blogs about target deals and crazy coupon forum sites too many people have caught on and things sell out ridiculously fast, even at 30 or 50%. :( I miss those days! You must have a lot of die hards in your area who know the schedule an hit stores at opening to clear things out. :(

ITA. I keep reading about everyone's finds and am SO tempted to go out, but our Target looked incredibly picked over when things were 50% after christmas, including the entire toy section! I am home sick today with a cold, so is it really worth it to go out when there is a good chance I could strike out? Depends on how stir crazy I get at home today.

indigo99
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
It depends on the bargain hunters in your area. Now with all the damn blogs about target deals and crazy coupon forum sites too many people have caught on and things sell out ridiculously fast, even at 30 or 50%.(

People will literally clear the shelves within minutes at my local store. I saw someone fill 3 buggies with stuff after Christmas. I wanted two pez dispensers for my boys, and she had all three (full) display boxes of them already. I hope she was giving them to charity or something because who needs 200 pez dispensers? We have a lot of local consignment sales, and I'm sure some ppl are reselling the toys that way.

BTW, do toys get marked down on Wed or Thur?

Choccie
01-07-2013, 01:07 PM
That is an awesome find. Are they squinkies?

These are the single mega bloks packs - mine were mixed in with the lego and halo figure packs (in a cardboard dispenser type thing towards the end of a lego row). Each pack contains 1 Hello Kitty Figure, 1 accessory, and 1 block :-)

infocrazy
01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
These are the single mega bloks packs - mine were mixed in with the lego and halo figure packs (in a cardboard dispenser type thing towards the end of a lego row). Each pack contains 1 Hello Kitty Figure, 1 accessory, and 1 block :-)

Were the halo and lego ones discounted as well or just Hello Kitty? We need a birthday favor soon but DS wouldn't approve of handing out Hello Kitty to the boys! :) Do 2nd grade girls still like Hello Kitty?

Choccie
01-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Were the halo and lego ones discounted as well or just Hello Kitty? We need a birthday favor soon but DS wouldn't approve of handing out Hello Kitty to the boys! :) Do 2nd grade girls still like Hello Kitty?

No - the halo and mario ones were not discounted. There didn't seem to be any regular lego ones around either. My DS1 is in 2nd grade - the girls still like Hello Kitty, and I think many of the boys do too but it's not cool to admit it when you are a guy in 2nd grade!

elbenn
01-07-2013, 03:23 PM
I got a few of the Chuck cars. I'm not sure what I will do with them--maybe donate, but for 90% off, I decided to buy some. I really wanted some toothbrushes for 90% off, but alas, there were none.

MomtoNico
01-07-2013, 06:27 PM
I found the rev n go stunt garage today for 13.xx. Price was 70 off their org price. I am. OT too excited about the toy able either. They were in. The process of putting all the clearance toys together. Not many great deals. But I will still probably go. Since I have a problem.

Blakes Mommy
01-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I found the rev n go stunt garage today for 13.xx. Price was 70 off their org price. I am. OT too excited about the toy able either. They were in. The process of putting all the clearance toys together. Not many great deals. But I will still probably go. Since I have a problem.

Thanks for the tip! I saw that rev n go set and thought it looked fun but it wasn't marked that low and I didn't even bother to scan it as the few things I did scan matched the sticker. I will have to go check especially before Thursday when everything will get marked down.

Last year one of my stores marked down on Thursday, but, the other was slow and didn't mark down until Friday. Of course I had hit the slow store first as they usually have more things only to have to rush to the other store that did mark down. Does anyone have a clue of markdown days? I have even heard some stores may mark down on Wednesday. I feel like I will be living at Target. Even though I am not as excited as the past couple years and they definitely have less stock I will probably be there since I have a problem too!!!!

Blakes Mommy
01-08-2013, 05:03 PM
I was at a different Target today with a bit more stock and 2 things to be on the lookout for are Leapfrog explorer or leap pad games....I saw another title "Toy Story" Of course we also have this one but will be around 6.00-7.50 when they mark down to 70 %.

Is anyone looking for a doll house? I saw one at today and thought wow this would be a great deal at 70%. I could have sworn it was creative playthings wooden that stacks or you can seperate the cubes. Retail is $130. and it was marked down to either 30 or 50% can't remember but will only be approx $32. If it goes 70%. I can't find the link.....I will look some more but I hope this helps! The store I was at had a few on the bottom shelf of an end cap.

Found the link....It's Play Wonder brand

http://www.target.com/p/play-wonder-dollhouse/-/A-13820775#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=play wonder

lovebargains
01-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Went to my target in Watertown today, and was not impressed- most things in toys still 30% off - they had 2 Christmas 90% off aisles, and I bought 1 starwars ornament set for a friend for .80 cents.

My other find was Camelbak kids cup for $3.29
http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-Kids-Bottle--Liter-12-Ounce/dp/B005VY0140/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1357679288&sr=1-1&keywords=CAMELBAK+DEEP+SEA

nanoo
01-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi lovebargains! Can you please provide more intel on the style, dpc number and/or location of the clearance camelbak bottles-- My kids love these bottles!!

lovebargains
01-08-2013, 05:25 PM
It was in the sale section on the end caps past the vacuums, kitchen utensils & tools, and crafts area. I was able to find a few - all the same pattern. I bought the few I found, but other stores might have more

nanoo
01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Thx! I know when I am headed-- I should really move closer to a Target!

indigo99
01-10-2013, 01:11 PM
I thought they'd be doing bigger markdowns today, but there really wasn't much to see. The employee was there working on it when I arrived, and she said that there wasn't much going to 70% this week. The few things that I was interested in were still 50%. Lots of other bargain shoppers were there looking with me though, and many of them were buying stuff anyway so... I doubt there will be much of anything left once it does make it lower.

Melarina
01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Found the Captain Hook's Rock playset (marked at 50% but scanned at $11.xx) and a small Lego star wars Tatooine set ($2.xx) at 75%. Everything else was 50% at best. Not much action in the toy clearance section at my Target.

ang79
01-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Went to my closest Target yesterday and most toys were still only 30%, a few at 50%. Found a few Leap Pad games but they were barely marked down, so I left them there. I did buy the Leapfrog Tag Pen Mr. Pencil book set, marked down $10 from $20. Figured it would be good practice for DD2 who just turned 4. I didn't see any of the other good deals that others have mentioned here. I may try my other Target tomorrow, though they are usually even slower with markdowns.

kellij
01-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Went to my closest Target yesterday and most toys were still only 30%, a few at 50%. Found a few Leap Pad games but they were barely marked down, so I left them there. I did buy the Leapfrog Tag Pen Mr. Pencil book set, marked down $10 from $20. Figured it would be good practice for DD2 who just turned 4. I didn't see any of the other good deals that others have mentioned here. I may try my other Target tomorrow, though they are usually even slower with markdowns.

I went to one last night and basically found what you did. It was very disappointing. (They had that Mr. Pencil set too, and everything else was 30.) I tried scanning a lot of things but they all really were 30.

Blakes Mommy
01-10-2013, 03:14 PM
I was at Target today picking something else up and checked the toy section (just in case), There was a sales person scanning items and she said most of the 30% was now going to 50%. She said they aren't doing the 70% right now. Another shopper walked by and overheard our conversation and said that it will happen next week. The Target boards were saying it maybe next week when I checked yesterday. My closest Target has nothing good that's why I stated at the beginning of the thread that I am not that excited this year, but, now that I have been to a couple "better" targets I have somewhat renewed faith to buy a few things if they hit 70%. The selection just isn't what is was lets say 2 years ago!!!

Claki
01-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Last night our Target was 30 percent off. I did find a Deluxe Duplo Train set for 69.00. There was no sticker so I don't know how much it normally is, but I am thinking more than $100?

MamaInMarch
01-13-2013, 02:50 PM

I find it so bizarre that the markdowns are all over the map, literally and figuratively. The Mr Pencil set was $5.98 at my Target a few days ago and I picked one up for DS. I never see the other stuff I read about on these boards, though, like the motorized cars, large Step 2 items, etc or even the Camelbak and other "lunch packing" items.

mom2one
01-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Was just at my target today. Aisles and aisles of 30% off toys. :(
I was so bummed. Went to look for the lego deal, and I found the sticker but the aisle was 75% cleaned out of legos. It was so bare, not sure what that is all about.

So, nothing to report here exciting to buy at all!

viba424
01-13-2013, 09:40 PM
We are in the city so our urban Target has a tiny toy selection. I was not impressed with the sales. I remember about two years ago rocking the house on the deals...like so many big bags I almost couldn't transport them. Fun times!

Not even close to that this year. I got DD the party pack of mini playdoh colors for half off at $2.50. Thats fine though. I dont really have the room or patience to store toys right now with a newborn in the house. For the most part however it was only 30% off.

Daphnecita
01-16-2013, 02:59 PM
The target nearby finally started marking beyond 30%. They had two aisles of toy clearance but not much of interest. I was happy to find a Lego Friends set though.

Lego Friends Mia's Puppy House for $5 (50% off)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0060GDSGQ/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1358361862&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

And this Playdoh Pop Maker for $3 (70% off)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006BLGQAK/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1358361790&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Lego Duplo Snow Whites Cottage was also 70% off, $4.xx. Really cute and I wish I had gotten it for a friends daughters bday but I didn't think of it until I had walked away. Went back and a cute little girl was walking away with it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005VPRCQ4/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1358361980&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

And I noticed two of those FP Servin Surprises kitchen table thing for 23.xx

Zaney
01-16-2013, 04:22 PM
I found the Cinderella light up vanity at our target today for 50% off - 49.99. Bought it for my soon to be 5 year old but after reading reviews think it might be going back as it seems like it will be small for her.

Twin Mom
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
My store had quite a few toys at 30 and 50% off a few days ago but fortunately my DC were too old for most of them. They did have a few hexbug sets at 50% off and I know DS would have liked them but he really wants the zipline set and the hexbug with the remote and they didn't have either of those so I passed. He really doesn't need more stuff!!

MomtoNico
01-16-2013, 11:06 PM
So is tomorrow the day when things go to 70 off?