PDA

View Full Version : Best iPad case?

cookiemonster80
01-05-2013, 10:49 AM
I know it's just a matter of time before something happens to ours- the case we have isn't very good.

I need a super protective case- think 3 year old- that has a good stand preferably that works horizontally or vertically but just horizontally would be ok- it's mainly the protectiveness and sturdy stand.

Do you have anything that meets both of these?

pastrygirl
01-05-2013, 11:00 AM
I've had a hard time finding any case/stand that works vertically (portrait). I have the Otterbox Defender, which supposedly has a portrait option and even has pictures of how to do it...but it doesn't work. The iPad is too top heavy.

I really like this case but the stand is on a separate piece that can also be an extra cover or back. I'm not sure I would trust my kids to be able to do it.

zukeypur
01-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Thing 1 and Thing 2 both got iPad minis for Christmas from my mom, and DD3 got a refurb iPod (she's 3). They all have Griffin Survivors on their devices. I don't think the iPads have been dropped, but DD3 launched her iPod across an exam room yesterday at the hospital. It hit the door, bounced off, and landed about 2 feet away on the floor. It is totally fine. I like that the iPad mini cases came with a removable kick stand, and the kids really like them too.

kristac
01-05-2013, 01:35 PM
We have the otterbox defender and use the stand both ways- although my kids don't often use the stand they prefer to hand hold it. I love my otterbox and it has definitely been effective in protecting the ipad.