PDA

View Full Version : Please help me plan how much food we need

jgenie
01-06-2013, 10:41 AM
I need help figuring out how much food to buy for DC birthday party. It's a Sunday morning party from 10:00 - 11:30 they will be eating at 11:00. Most of the kids will be 5 and under. I have 15 kids RSVPd and waiting to hear from 4 more. Best guess is 15 adults based on the current RSVPs possibly 21 if the other 4 children end up coming.

I'm planning on serving bagels (cut in half) and cream cheese, large muffins (cut in half), coffee, water, juice, and fruit salad (pineapple, strawberries, grapes). Should I add clementines and bananas to the table? How many bagels / muffins should I get? I might add mini sandwiches to the menu but need to find out where our school orders them. We'll have cake too. TIA

SnuggleBuggles
01-06-2013, 11:04 AM
FYI- cut the bagels in quarters. Kids will likely just pick and there will be less waste. They can always get more, if still hungry. Clementines are an easy addition so I would add them. I'd probably get 2 dozen bagels and 15 large muffins.

gatorsmom
01-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I'd figure half a bagel per kid and a half bagel per adult. Buy the ones precut and save yourself some work! If there are any leftovers, bagels freeze well. I'd probably get about 2-2.5 dozen regular-sized muffins. Muffins are notoriously messy to eat and cut. It will be a pain to serve the large muffins if you have to slice them in half. If you don't slice them in half, the kids will put a whole big one on their plates and waste a lot. Just my 2 cents. :)