PDA

View Full Version : Do you use an eye cream?

cookiemonster80
01-07-2013, 09:49 AM
If so-

How old are you?
What type of skin overall do you have?
What cream(s) have you used that you are unhappy with?
What cream(s) have you used that you are happy with?

I'm thinking it may be time for me to start using some-
I'm 32.
Fair, peaches and cream, combo skin
Haven't tried anything-my regular moisturizer (which I love) burns my eyes if a bits get in and it's made me leery of trying eye creams.

khalloc
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Yes. I love Shishiedo Benefiance. Its pretty thick and I wear a tiny tiny bit during the day under my eyes. But I use it more on weekends when I am just around the house and at nights.

I am 34. I have very little wrinkles. People think I am like 20 sometimes. But I dont think I look that young. But I do look young. My skin is fair, normal I would say. I've used Hope in Jar which I was unhappy with. It made me break out.

Regular moisturizers that I like are
Clinique (the yellow stuff) - good in the winter
Ole Hendrikson Sheer Transformation. Very light weight and feels good on skin
Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 - this is thick. Good in the winter plus has SPF 25 for sunny days, but probably too thick for summer.
LancĂ´me Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 - I got a free sample of this from Sephora. I like it. It may be OK for summer but great for winter.
For summer I like Laura Mercier Daily Face Shield SPF 40. I could use this with the Ole Henrikson I mentioned above.

I wanted to add that I havent found anything that doesnt hurt your eyes. Except for this very expensive Clarins SPF that I use around my eyes in the summer. But its really just and SPF and doesnt sting at all. I wouldnt use it as an eye cream if I wasnt interested in the SPF Factor.

lizzywednesday
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm 34, very pale skin, sensitive, dry-to-combination skin.

I've tried Clinique's eye cream, but I'm allergic to it - my skin had a burning sensation while I used it, so I've not tried any other eye creams since.

The Clinique "yellow stuff" is too greasy for summer use (it's called "Dramatically Different Cream") but they also make a gel version. It's OK, but I don't like it.
I use Trader Joe's Olay knockoff for everyday and Badger Balm Bali Balm for overnight if I'm feeling really parched.

crl
01-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I am 42 and I use Clinique all about eyes rich at night only. I have rosacea, which does not effect my undereye area. Otherwise my skin is normal and I live in a moist climate. It keeps my eye area from getting that crepe-y texture and makes my concealor go on smoothly. It has no effect on my dark circles--nothing I have tried has regardless of how many positive online reviews I see.

Catherine

AnnieW625
01-07-2013, 03:11 PM
How old are you?
35 (will be 36 in June)

I have dry acne prone skin, which leans a little combo. in the summer, but dry the rest of the year. It is also sensitive and dry because I used Accutane when I was 18. I have had noticeable dark circles since my early 20s. No clue where they came from as no one else in my family has them. My eyes are not wrinkle prone, so I guess that is a plus.

Lancome's Absolue Premium Bx -this wasn't very good at doing anything but moisturizing.
Avon Anew Reversalist--not horrible, but again saw no difference.

Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Eye-- I have used this one the most in the last 10 yrs. . I also used an Avon Anew eye cream that I was happy with but has long since been discontinued. I would use these in the AM and the PM.
Clinique Even Better Dark Circle Corrector--this one seems to be working. I have always been skeptical about these type of products, but this one really seems to be working well. I use it in the AM. I have been using it for about 2 months now.

on the fence about this one
Lancome Regenerie Action Eye--this is okay, but I have not repurchased it. I felt like I had to use too much of it in order for it to feel really moisturizing.

If money is no object I would recommend buying La Mer moisturizing cream and using that for your face and eyes. I love it when I get little samples of it.

mackmama
01-07-2013, 03:52 PM
I used to put Vit E oil around my eyes from age 16-30. It was great, don't know why I stopped using it.

Lately I've been using REN eye cream and love it (bought at Sephora). I haven't really tried any eye creams that I don't like. I often ask Sephora for an eye cream sample when I'm at the register paying.

I have combo skin that's very sensitive.

maiaann
01-07-2013, 03:58 PM
I've been using an eye cream FOREVER! I'm 35 now and I started using an eye cream before age 20. Now I use a night cream too, but eye cream came first. :thumbsup: I have fair (I'm a redhead), combination skin. I like the Oil of Olay products & Arbonne NutriMinC Eye Cream.

jennilynn
01-07-2013, 06:47 PM
I just started using 100% Pure's coffee bean eye cream after reading about it here on the BBB and so far I like it. Haven't noticed a huge difference but it seems to work, smells nice and doesn't burn. I have fair/sensitive skin and am 31.

jerseygirl07067
01-08-2013, 12:01 AM
I have to watch this thread. I am in search of a better eye cream. I am 42, my skin can handle a good amount without irritation, I use a lot of glycolic acid based products without a problem. In fact my face is rather dull without them. I don't break out much, but get clogged pores and bumps if I use stuff that's too occlusive.

I have Olay Regenerist eye firming serum, it is not bad, but I think I need more moisture. But it is light and doesn't migrate and create a film on my contacts. I have tried Strivectin eye cream, a purchase from my mom to me (I think she is trying to tell me something?) it was heavy and migrated into my eyes more. If I didn't wear contacts I'd probably like it more.

Both have good ingredients, peptides, niacinamide, anti-oxidants, etc. I want to try La Roche Posay Redermic C and Avene Eluage for eyes, both get good reviews on makeupalley.com. One is vit C as the active the Avene is a retinol (I think their version uses retinaldehyde which is a tad more effective). The only thing I've read that with the retinol based product the skin can look crepier in the short term, but in the long term better since the retinol helps rebuild collagen.

I seriously think my best eye cream is just getting more sleep, lol....

Good thread, I'll be watching this one!

DrSally
01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Ita. Retinol (Roc) freaked me out b/ c it made me look so wrinkled. It's good to hear that it works in the long term. I found it a bit irritating. Sometimes I just put some aquaphor around my eyes ( can get dry and tight after washing), but I know I could use something better.

TxCat
01-08-2013, 09:08 PM
How old are you?

Very fair, normal to dry

Oil of Olay, but just because of the smell - I'm pretty sensitive to perfume-y scents.

Anything by Kiehl's, L'Oreal Eye Defense or Revitalift, Neocutis Lumiere (3-time winner of best eye cream by InStyle)

I think moisturizer and eye cream is really, really important. I've been using eye cream for probably 7 years now, and moisturizing daily since high school or college. I added nighttime moisturizers about 2 years ago. People regularly seem shocked when I tell them my age - at work, about at least 3x/week a patient or their family member will comment that I look far too young to be their doctor, how long have I been doing this, etc., etc. I am certain it's all due to the skin care and moisturizing.

sntm
01-08-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm not thrilled with mine but they are still wry good. I use a Caudalie cream at night and oil of Olay in the AM. I have some wrinkles but they are fine.

fauve01
01-09-2013, 04:01 PM
1. How old are you?2. What type of skin overall do you have?
3. What cream(s) have you used that you are unhappy with?
4. What cream(s) have you used that you are happy with?

I'll be 45 next week, with crazy fair and dryish skin with roseacea. My skin is a lot less dry now that i live in SoCal (the past 10 years) than when i was in the midwest (all the years before that). I've been using this Maracuja Eye cream by Tarte that i really like:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4690165&skuId=2250915

before this, i never had one i loved, just samples from sephora or whatever i picked up. This Tarte cream is great, and it doesn't irritate my eyes at all.