PDA

View Full Version : Belated thanks for present idea - Magnatiles!

mickminmom
01-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Meant to post before...Yay for Magnatiles!

They seem to be hit or a miss for folks but they were/are a big, big hit in our home. Thank goodness!

I bought two sets based on recommendations from you all and that was key! They had only opened one box originally but soon got to fussing over the pieces so happily there was another box to open!

Helicopter landing pad, houses for stuffed animals, Native American teepee village, jail for "bad" guys for the superheros to use...love the open ended play!

As always, appreciate the help from the boards!

brittone2
01-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Glad they were a hit! We even take ours when we travel sometimes, as all 3 kids will play with them. If we visit my parents, we throw the whole bin in the car. If we add in a few matchbox cars and a few playmobil people, they can play even more things.

janine
01-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Hit here too..one box was good enough for us as DD2 is too young. Glad they were a hit too since they were expensive!!!

I was surprised since DD is princessy and not into her other blocks for more than a few minutes, but she has done all the designs on the box and come up with her own.

Kymberley
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Glad they were a hit at your house! They seem to be a miss here. I'll give them more time, but I wish I had gone with Mag Formers instead.

Tinochka
01-07-2013, 12:03 PM
It’s a hit in our house too. We bought just 1 for both kids. My DH was not exited about the idea of spending $$, but was surprised with outcome: it’s a house, it’s a jail (have no idea, where it come from, it a froggy aquarium)... I loved playing with them too, as I feel I am reliving my childhood with my kids’ toys:). I told to DH that it’s going to be on our birthday wish list;)

Momof3Labs
01-07-2013, 12:13 PM
They have been a huge hit here, too. My 6.5yo has been playing with them for 3-4 years with little break. Get a couple of the little hexbug nanos and they can built obstacle courses for them!

daisyd
01-07-2013, 02:26 PM
DS loooves his!

mypa
01-07-2013, 02:31 PM
They are consistently a big hit on playdates, preferred over the hand-me-down magformers. I enjoy playing with both!

Initially, looking at some youtube videos helped the kids get some ideas of what can be done with these.

123LuckyMom
01-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the YouTube videos suggestion. DS got 200 pieces for Christmas and hasn't played with them yet. The hexbugs and some art stuff got all the love. I'm going to show him some videos, though. I bet it will help as he loves his blocks and is into building in general.

bisous
01-07-2013, 03:27 PM
We just got some for Christmas and they're a hit here too. Especially with me, lol. :)

During our vacation at the beach this past week, I also brought them with us. They were perfect because both older kids like them, the pieces are too big to be choking hazards and they're pretty easy to keep from getting lost!

LOVE them! :)

mackmama
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
2yo DC just got some for Xmas. I think DC is still a but young for them - but they're definitely getting some play!