PDA

View Full Version : Best time to buy LE Squall Parkas for next year?

FinnyMac
01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I love the LE squall parkas for DD and DS! they both still fit in their squalls from last year so I can wait to buy if it is better to do so.

liz
01-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Do you have access to a Sears/LE store? I saw the squall parkas for 60% off the other day, so somewhere in the $30-ish range. YMMV, but there was still a decent selection in my store.

fedoragirl
01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
I bought one for DD in March last year for very, very little. However, there was no choice in colors or sizes. I just happened to get the right size (well, it is rather big for her right now).

Momit
01-07-2013, 05:14 PM
I want to say it's early February in a Sears B&M store, that the Lands' End winter stuff was on clearance (50% off original, then 50% off the sale price). I usually get a 3 in 1 parka for $30 during that sale.

WatchingThemGrow
01-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Our LE at Sears only has a couple coats for each gender left. not our sizes. :(

FinnyMac
01-08-2013, 05:46 PM
thanks everyone! I headed out to sear/LE but they didnt have any of the regular squall parkas left.I was surprised when the sales clerk offered to call LE and have them price match an online order to the stores price. So I got the exact size and color I wanted and paid $35.60 each.

liz
01-08-2013, 06:36 PM
thanks everyone! I headed out to sear/LE but they didnt have any of the regular squall parkas left.I was surprised when the sales clerk offered to call LE and have them price match an online order to the stores price. So I got the exact size and color I wanted and paid $35.60 each.

Really?! That's awesome! I wonder if they will do the same at my store.....

chlobo
01-08-2013, 06:52 PM
They did that at my store but for some reason they couldn't adjust the prices online so they were going to issue me a refund and then issued it in the wrong amount (short $40). Now I have to call again and deal with it. Boo hiss.

WatchingThemGrow
01-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Good for you! Maybe I'll try that tomorrow.

amldaley
01-08-2013, 11:26 PM
I bought one for DD in March last year for very, very little. However, there was no choice in colors or sizes. I just happened to get the right size (well, it is rather big for her right now).

:yeahthat: Three years ago I scored a Squall for $14 during a 30% off and it was already on clearance but it was one color, one size only.

I just keep checking LE weekly to see when they go down. I have never seen one as low as $14 again but you can get them in to the high $20's if you stalk last years colors in the clearance or overstocks section.

musicalgrl
01-09-2013, 10:18 AM
I bought a bunch of winter stuff in the dead of summer last year and it was very inexpensive. I'm sure DD's coat was more than $14 (that is a score!), but not too much more. Now I'm curious though and I may pull out my old receipt!