PDA

View Full Version : Boden: Spring is live and FS

star04
01-07-2013, 11:50 AM
X4L7 - 15% off regular items, FS & FR on everything
"Spring Trim" - additional 20% certain items, changes weekly - Women (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Weekly-Offers.html#main) Children (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/spring-offers.html#main)

FS code WAFL worked on clearance for me!

(FS only, no FR, 15% off regular items)

pandanini
01-07-2013, 01:27 PM
THANKS!! Been waiting for this to come up.. now I can finally look b/c shipping always kills the deal for me. NOw to see if there's anything left.

Avispa
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Thank you for this! I was also waiting for this code to order a single clearance item we needed.

boltfam
01-07-2013, 03:14 PM
THANKS!! Been waiting for this to come up.. now I can finally look b/c shipping always kills the deal for me. NOw to see if there's anything left.
:yeahthat:

viba424
01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks for posting!

I need to stop with the Boden. Got a dress and a cardi, but at less than $30 each its hard to resist. What do you think?

Sarah dress in night bramble (blue)
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH389/Womens-Sarah-Dress.html

Isabella cardigan $26 in Chestnut
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK739/Womens-Isabella-Cardigan.html

iaam
01-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks for posting!

I need to stop with the Boden. Got a dress and a cardi, but at less than $30 each its hard to resist. What do you think?

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/Knee-Length-Dresses/WH389/Womens-Sarah-Dress.html

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK739/Womens-Isabella-Cardigan.html

I have that dress and really like it! It's a great price, too.

citymama
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks for posting!

I have the Isabella cardi in pewter and love it - paid twice as much at the stacking sale.

Thanks OP for the code! I bought the essential shirt in blue vintage spot (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Shirts/WA372/Womens-Essential-Shirt.html)this morning - now it's sold out in my size so I hope it will ship.

I currently have the stitch detail dress (denim), velvet blazer (navy) and embroidered jersey dress (black) in my cart. Anyone have them and like them? Can you comment on the fit?

I must stop too - but I did ship back about half of what I bought last fall, so I don't feel as guilty as I probably should...plus I can wear Boden Autumn year round here in the Bay area...

ett
01-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks for posting! I've been waiting for a FS code to get a couple clearance items.

viba424
01-08-2013, 12:01 AM
I have the Isabella cardi in pewter and love it - paid twice as much at the stacking sale.

Thanks OP for the code! I bought the essential shirt in blue vintage spot (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Shirts/WA372/Womens-Essential-Shirt.html)this morning - now it's sold out in my size so I hope it will ship.

I currently have the stitch detail dress (denim), velvet blazer (navy) and embroidered jersey dress (black) in my cart. Anyone have them and like them? Can you comment on the fit?

I must stop too - but I did ship back about half of what I bought last fall, so I don't feel as guilty as I probably should...plus I can wear Boden Autumn year round here in the Bay area...

I havent tried any but they look great. I especially like the embroidered jersey dress.

Mirthful
01-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Just got a email this morning:
X4E5
Gives free shipping and returns! (oh and 10% off non-clearance.)

So, citymama, try those items in your cart and report back!

citymama
01-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Just got a email this morning:
X4E5
Gives free shipping and returns! (oh and 10% off non-clearance.)

So, citymama, try those items in your cart and report back!

Darn it, I used the wrong code! And I even got that email this morning, grrr. I just ordered the stitch detail dress in 2 sizes/colors (denim and fig), figuring I would return the one that doesn't work. But I used WAFL so no free returns. The moleskin blazer popped out of my cart while checking out so if it comes back in stock, I will order with the free returns code - thanks so much for sharing it!

ETA Has anyone had any trouble using free returns labels that are not related to the order being returned? I have a stack of old ones but some of them are like 3 years old. Can I still use them, and will I be charged for returns?

Avispa
01-08-2013, 03:13 PM
ETA Has anyone had any trouble using free returns labels that are not related to the order being returned? I have a stack of old ones but some of them are like 3 years old. Can I still use them, and will I be charged for returns?

I used a couple of them (that had to be over 1 yr old) less than a month ago and I got all my refund without getting charged for shipping. It seems to still be working.

HTH!

viba424
01-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Is this a girls print or passable for a boy?

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Baby-0-3yrs-One-Pieces-Play-Sets/70038/Baby-0-3yrs-Twin-Pack-Rompers.html

citymama
01-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Is this a girls print or passable for a boy?

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Baby-0-3yrs-One-Pieces-Play-Sets/70038/Baby-0-3yrs-Twin-Pack-Rompers.html

I think it's "technically" a girl print. I wouldn't buy it for a boy, but if I already owned it, I'd hand down to a boy. Pretty adorable.

viba424
01-08-2013, 04:11 PM
I think it's "technically" a girl print. I wouldn't buy it for a boy, but if I already owned it, I'd hand down to a boy. Pretty adorable.

cool, thanks!

vludmilla
01-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks for posting the code!

plusbellelavie
01-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Started another thread about code for Spring...sorry!

15% off FS and FR

X4L7 looks like it is good until Feb 4th

HTH someone

BTW I sent back items with and old free return label I had since I have so many too and they charged me $7...don't know if it was because I had a $10 credit on my account or if whoever processed my return was observant or what. I know others have used their old return labels without issues while others have been charged!

baymom
01-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks OP!! I just placed my first ever Boden order....4 dresses--I hope they fit! I used the code and although it took off my shipping charges, I didn't see anywhere on the screen that I'd also get free returns. Should I be worried, or just assume that a return slip will come inside the box? ...of course, I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything will look good, but just want to make sure I didn't miss something. Thanks!!

eta: x4L7 is the code I used...

citymama
01-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Thanks OP!! I just placed my first ever Boden order....4 dresses--I hope they fit! I used the code and although it took off my shipping charges, I didn't see anywhere on the screen that I'd also get free returns. Should I be worried, or just assume that a return slip will come inside the box? ...of course, I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything will look good, but just want to make sure I didn't miss something. Thanks!!

eta: x4L7 is the code I used...

The PP said the code includes free returns so you should have a label in your parcel for free returns (all black - you have to pay with the blue one). What did you get?

baymom
01-09-2013, 03:11 AM
The PP said the code includes free returns so you should have a label in your parcel for free returns (all black - you have to pay with the blue one). What did you get?

Thanks Citymama! I ordered the Roma dress, the hopscotch tunic, and 2 others whose names I can't recall. :tongue5: I'll report back how they work out. I'm so excited to finally try some Boden after hearing so many great reviews here! One thing I really wanted was the Rainy Day Mac (i think it's called..?) but they were OOS in my size/color preference.

Eta: Carousel dress and Sara dress!

tarnator
01-09-2013, 03:19 AM
Well, I picked up another Stitch Detail tunic in Mahogany. I love the one that I have in Denim!

I also picked up a pair of Trousers - I am a little more leary about these since I find that their pants fit me badly. I checked the reviews on this pair though and they sound promising!

mommylamb
01-09-2013, 11:26 AM
I got my catalog in the mail yesterday for the Spring collection, and I've gotta say, I'm not loving it. This is probably a good thing for my wallet!

citymama
01-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I got my catalog in the mail yesterday for the Spring collection, and I've gotta say, I'm not loving it. This is probably a good thing for my wallet!

I'm not usually a fan of Boden spring, but Fall gets me every time! (This year more than most!)

Mommylamb: how did the notch neck shift work out for you? I had to send it back; it was an *awful* fit on me - and the fabric felt coarse to me. Beautiful print, though.

mommylamb
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm not usually a fan of Boden spring, but Fall gets me every time! (This year more than most!)

Mommylamb: how did the notch neck shift work out for you? I had to send it back; it was an *awful* fit on me - and the fabric felt coarse to me. Beautiful print, though.

I'm sorry you didn't like it. I'm actually wearing it today and it looks fabulous! (Is it ok to say that about myself??) I love it. The fabric is stiff, but I like it because it's substantial rather than some of the thinner fabrics, so it is more forgiving of a little imperfection here and there.

viba424
01-09-2013, 12:39 PM
I scored the girls puffer coat in chili this morning! I have a sapphire blue already on the way but was excited to see one of the more festive colors come back in stock! DD already has a HA warmest puffer coat for next winter but if I like this one better I can take that one back or ebay it.

citymama
01-09-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry you didn't like it. I'm actually wearing it today and it looks fabulous! (Is it ok to say that about myself??) I love it. The fabric is stiff, but I like it because it's substantial rather than some of the thinner fabrics, so it is more forgiving of a little imperfection here and there.

I suspect we have radically different figures! ;) Glad it worked out for you b/c the print is lovely.

mypa
01-09-2013, 04:08 PM
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Girls-1H-12yrs-Coats-Jackets/31569/Girls-1H-12yrs-Cosy-Gilet.html

Just noticed the Cosy Gilet in Girls is all back in stock at clearance prices ($23.80-28.90) but with a 15 week delay. Strange, but thought those who missed out may want to stock up for next fall.

mommylamb
01-09-2013, 04:10 PM
I suspect we have radically different figures! ;) Glad it worked out for you b/c the print is lovely.

Very possible :wink2:.

citymama
01-09-2013, 06:09 PM
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Girls-1H-12yrs-Coats-Jackets/31569/Girls-1H-12yrs-Cosy-Gilet.html

Just noticed the Cosy Gilet in Girls is all back in stock at clearance prices ($23.80-28.90) but with a 15 week delay. Strange, but thought those who missed out may want to stock up for next fall.

That is strange. I wonder if it's a glitch. Tempted as I am to stock up in every color, I will resist it! ;) I am in love with my oatmeal gilet, though.

I did, however, snag the Moleskin blazer in black that I have been stalking ever since the free ship code came out - it popped back in my size in low stock and I jumped on it! I don't have a black blazer, and this seems like a good quality, casual and work appropriate one - I hope it works out. So if there's something you are looking for, keep trying as things do seem to come back into stock off and on.

joules
01-09-2013, 06:26 PM
That is strange. I wonder if it's a glitch. Tempted as I am to stock up in every color, I will resist it! ;) I am in love with my oatmeal gilet, though.

I did it. I ordered the oatmeal one for myself. DS1 has a striped jacket from Boden in a similar material. It is sooo soft. I can't wait to get mine.

I've also place 2 other orders prior to this one. :bag

citymama
01-09-2013, 06:32 PM
I did it. I ordered the oatmeal one for myself. DS1 has a striped jacket from Boden in a similar material. It is sooo soft. I can't wait to get mine.

I've also place 2 other orders prior to this one. :bag

My kids want to snuggle up with me when I wear it, calling it my lambie vest. I think mommylamb should get one too. ;)

Darn it, now thinking about the red. But not going to do it.

mypa
01-10-2013, 05:50 PM
I just got my Rainy Day Mac and am in love! When I ordered they only had the floral prints in my size and I went with the charcoal/red one called Charcoal Heritage Petal.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Coats-Jackets/Coats/WE344/Womens-Rainy-Day-Mac.html?NavGroupID=2

I was soooo afraid the print might to too wild/loud but it is not as bad IRL. On my computer it looked like red/white flowers, really high contrast, but IRL it is a pretty red with tone on tone light and dark beige colors.

I ordered my usual (old) size but was afraid it might be too small as I had recently gained weight but it fits great, a little on the snug side on my shoulders (I have broad shoulders so no surprise) but fits perfect everywhere else, including my busty chest. It gives me a nice hour glass figure.

I would say to order your normal size if you want room for sweaters and such but can get away with a size smaller for a more fitted look if you don't have to layer.

What a great deal on a great coat! Ladies, don't be afraid of the "wild" patterns!

viba424
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
For those of you how bought the 7 pack baby socks box, DS will be 12 mos next december. Would you suggest 6-12 or 12-24 mo (a couple of reviews thought the ran big)

Update: I went ahead and grabbed the 12-24 mo too, just in case. I always hated it though, with DD it always seemed I was waiting forever for her to grow into things. I would still be interested in hearing what yall think

Also, did any of you buy the Sarah dress? What do you think of it. I think its really cute but it kind of emphasizes my baby belly at least for now, and I need to be careful about florals for risk of looking a little "Laura Ingalls" on me. I hate to return a dress that would seemingly be pretty cute for work and multi-seasonal...

baymom
01-11-2013, 12:49 PM
For

Also, did any of you buy the Sarah dress? What do you think of it. I think its really cute but it kind of emphasizes my baby belly at least for now, and I need to be careful about florals for risk of looking a little "Laura Ingalls" on me. I hate to return a dress that would seemingly be pretty cute for work and multi-seasonal...

I bought the Sara dress, too. Like you, I'm worried if the weight of the dress is heavy enough to deemphasize my mommy tummy and that I don't look like Laura Ingalls. My mother actually sewed me a Laura dress/petticoat when I was young (not for Halloween) because I loved her so much! :tongue5: Don't want to rock that look anymore, though! I still haven't received the parcel, but will report back. How does it look under a solid cardigan? Does that deemphasize the floral enough?

JanBaby
01-11-2013, 01:18 PM
For those of you how bought the 7 pack baby socks box, DS will be 12 mos next december. Would you suggest 6-12 or 12-24 mo (a couple of reviews thought the ran big)

Update: I went ahead and grabbed the 12-24 mo too, just in case. I always hated it though, with DD it always seemed I was waiting forever for her to grow into things. I would still be interested in hearing what yall think

DS just turned 12 months and the 4-6 1/2 size fits him perfectly. They are very cute (I got the wide stripe) but they are easy for him to pull off and they don't have any treads on the bottom. They work great when he has his little leather shoes on.

joules
01-11-2013, 03:53 PM

I got this even though it said 15 weeks delay. It shipped today!

mypa
01-11-2013, 04:53 PM

Wow, I thought it was a fluke since now the 15 week delay stock is all gone. Glad you scored one!

viba424
01-11-2013, 05:30 PM
^ ^ Wow that is cool!

I am pretty pleased with Boden right now, two or the items I wanted most that were out of stock, the scoop neck tunic and the linen ruffle shirt were dispatched! In both cases I ordered a size two big and they were OOS. It was so hard to return them then lo and behold there they show up weeks later! For the tunic, I forgot I filled out the exchange request and was shocked to see the dispatch email.

Its such a pleasant surprise when you see things come back in stock. Makes me realize there is no sense in keeping something that is the wrong size or color because its all you can get.

citymama
01-11-2013, 06:34 PM

Wow, I'm sure the 15 week thing was a system glitch but cool that yours shipped! Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

elizamom
01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Blech. Just got the scrappy beach dress I ordered and it looks...bad. Totally too big. Their sizes seem to be all over the place. I need to find my boden body double and just be a copycat. I'm spending too much time shopping just to go back and return.

alootikki
01-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I think Boden is actually checking if free returns labels correspond to certain orders! :( I just returned a single sale item of $58.50 using a free returns labels (from orders placed six months ago), and got an email notification that I'd be receiving a refund of $51.50. Annoying!

Globetrotter
01-14-2013, 07:00 PM
I had ordered some of the cosy gilets for gifts, but they are all cancelled. I only discovered this after checking the order history!

ett
01-14-2013, 07:26 PM
I had ordered some of the cosy gilets for gifts, but they are all cancelled. I only discovered this after checking the order history!

They cancelled mine too.

viba424
01-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I think Boden is actually checking if free returns labels correspond to certain orders! :( I just returned a single sale item of $58.50 using a free returns labels (from orders placed six months ago), and got an email notification that I'd be receiving a refund of $51.50. Annoying!

Eek, whaaat?!

citymama
01-15-2013, 04:12 AM

Bummer! OK, so I called them about this. What they said is that the labels are NOT linked to any particular order, so even my old labels would work with current returns. However, our *orders* are linked to codes, so if you ordered with FS/FR and used an old FR label, you're OK, but if your order did not have FR, they might charge you. I think it's the luck of the draw as to whether they will or won't.

After the stacking sale, when none of the orders had FR, my strategy was to include one return from a FR order in each returned package (i.e if I was returning a dress and pants bought with no FR, I made sure to have a tshirt bought on a separate order with FR in the same package, and use the FR label that came with it). Now I don't have anything left to return with FR - not until my next Boden shipments come in, anyway! ;)

turtle12
01-15-2013, 11:13 AM
You know how the Free Returns label has two parts, one with instructions and the other is the label itself? I always include the instructions in my return package, circling "free return". And on my invoice I put a note that I'm using a free return label so please don't charge me a return fee. It's worked sofar....

viba424
01-15-2013, 02:28 PM
It keeps getting worse. I just called and they said that if I return lets say a shirt from one order, and a dress from another order and neither of those were purchased during a free returns code, even if you return those two items in the same envelope, you will get charged $7 return fee for each one!

maiaann
01-15-2013, 02:42 PM
It keeps getting worse. I just called and they said that if I return lets say a shirt from one order, and a dress from another order and neither of those were purchased during a free returns code, even if you return those two items in the same envelope, you will get charged $7 return fee for each one!

Like a PP said... I think it's really just luck of the draw. I guess you have to decide how much you really want to take the chance. For a $14 shirt, I'd probably keep it than risk ending up with a mere $7 refund. For a $30 dress that absolutely doesn't work - I'll take my chance. Personally, I don't like lumping returns. I'm always afraid something will get overlooked & then it's your word against theirs.

viba424
01-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Im just getting a little freaked out by that considering I am a big returner and have returned some pretty small value things (even though I always lump returns)

For those of you who do a lot of transactions with them, they have been pretty accurate with refunds and such, right?

boltfam
01-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Im just getting a little freaked out by that considering I am a big returner and have returned some pretty small value things (even though I always lump returns)

For those of you who do a lot of transactions with them, they have been pretty accurate with refunds and such, right?
Yes, and one time when I didn't get a refund, I called, and they took my ord that I had sent it back even though they hadn't received it.

citymama
01-15-2013, 04:45 PM

Yes, always. I keep copies of my receipts and the label tracking number. They're slow but accurate IME. If this changes, I'm done ordering with them!

maiaann
01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
I've had to call about a couple of my returns, but they were always courteous to me & sorted it out.

sanja973
01-16-2013, 02:54 AM
I don't like how they changed return policy to 7 days for sale items while shopping is so slow.

babybunny
01-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the reminder on the sales return policy. I didn't see that when I scanned the packing slip.
I tried Boden for the first time last week. One dress looked too matronly on. The other dress was all wrong. The material was too thin and wrinkled... And I was swimming in it. Then I realized I had a packaging bag that read US size 8, which I ordered, and a dress that was US size 12. I wasn't impressed with the dress anyway. So it is all going back.

I believe I used a code for free returns. So I should be good, right?

citymama
01-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the reminder on the sales return policy. I didn't see that when I scanned the packing slip.
I tried Boden for the first time last week. One dress looked too matronly on. The other dress was all wrong. The material was too thin and wrinkled... And I was swimming in it. Then I realized I had a packaging bag that read US size 8, which I ordered, and a dress that was US size 12. I wasn't impressed with the dress anyway. So it is all going back.

Do you have a free returns label you're using? It should be all black (the text that is; the $7 returns label is blue and black). If you don't, call them and tell them they sent you the wrong size and you need to return. They'll mail or email you a free returns label ASAP.

maiaann
01-16-2013, 01:56 PM

Are you sure it is not a UK 12? US 8 is a UK 12, and that's often how they mark their stuff since they're in London. It throws me off sometimes.

sanja973
01-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Babybunny, you should be OK.
It happened to me once packaging was 6 or 8 and shirt was huge 18 or so.
They changed recently return policy and you can see it only at their site under returns. I found about it here or maybe GF.

babybunny
01-16-2013, 02:42 PM
I checked it several times. And it is HUGE!!
I will double check again when I get home. Thanks for the tip on the free return label print color. I'll check that too.
I can't remember when I actually received the package, but I did get a shipping notice email from Boden on Thursday, Jan 8th. I do remember opening up the box and being not exactly enthused with my initial impressions on the colors ... And finally got around to trying it on last night.

maiaann
01-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Major bummer. :( I've received mis-labeled items from Boden before. During EOS, I've received washed, worn, & damaged merchandise too. I think they're so anxious to get the items back for sale they don't look them over too closely.

Last season I got burned on their 7 day return policy. Items were taking nearly 3 weeks to get to me from the UK. I'd drive to the post office (literally) the very next morning to mail the return, and still get "credit" instead of a refund. I learned my lesson & now only buy things I'm absolutely certain will work. Even recently, my last few orders from the UK have taken an entire MONTH to arrive. A Xmas present (dress) for DD that I ordered Dec 3 didn't make it by Xmas. :crying: I get frustrated waiting... and waiting... and waiting... for my stuff!

viba424
01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Ive had items that Ive had problems with before but never had the wrong item or size sent thankfully. The other day I finally did receive the scoop neck tunic in westminster print Ive been obsessing over for a month and much to my disappointment it had the weirdest most offensive smell, like army surplus store meets full bodied apparition roses on a grave smell. barf!

citymama
01-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Ive had items that Ive had problems with before but never had the wrong item or size sent thankfully. The other day I finally did receive the scoop neck tunic in westminster print Ive been obsessing over for a month and much to my disappointment it had the weirdest most offensive smell, like army surplus store meets full bodied apparition roses on a grave smell. barf!

Gross! I have gotten clothes (at EOS) that smelled strongly of perfume or didn't smell new that were clearly returns. I've sent them right back. Keeping my fingers crossed that all my EOS orders arrive without any unwanted odors!

mom2akm
01-17-2013, 03:55 AM
There is a major replenishment on the clearance items now. Just in case anyone is interested.

mshen
01-17-2013, 04:48 AM
There is a major replenishment on the clearance items now. Just in case anyone is interested.

Thank you! Wow, quite the replen!

Avispa
01-17-2013, 05:02 AM
came here to post the same thing, I just bought 3 items I was waiting for to come back in stock!

pandanini
01-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Oh wow... you weren't kidding when you said "major." Thanks... my husband is gonna kill me when he sees my CC bill. :bag

I'd better hurry up and return the first batch of clearance that didn't work out... really hoping they don't charge me for return shipping even if I use a FR label though. Really wary about that and I'll definitely be shopping less Boden if that's the case since their sizing is so inconsistent.

lchang25000
01-17-2013, 09:39 AM
I saw all the replens last night when I was awake pumping, got a bunch of stuff for both boys. Love the star socks that ds1 already has so grabbed 3 more boxes in diff sizes for them!

viba424
01-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Ended up getting another pair of linen trousers and a second boyfriend cardi for me (these are great BTW), a winter sweater, pair of trousers and a twin pack of envelope tees for DS, and three tshirts and some striped socks for DD. I noticed things are really flying now.

I have been obsessing over the fox sweater for baby boys but even on sale I cant bear to spend $30 on a sweater for an infant. I did get him the gray/navy sweater for $16; thats cute and stings a little less.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Baby-0-3yrs-Knitwear/71203/Baby-0-3yrs-Winter-Jumper.html

iaam
01-17-2013, 11:14 AM

Heck yeah, I'm interested!

Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered four more items for the kids (2 T-shirts and 2 anoraks). Resisted ordering any more stuff for myself. DH jokes that the kids and I serve as walking Boden ads.

elbenn
01-17-2013, 11:25 AM
I wish I would have checked the stock earlier--none of the items I'm looking for are available. The really annoying thing about these replens is that I have an open order for 11 items that were cancelled. They told me that the order remains open and if they get the stock in, then they will send it to me. Well, they have yet to send me a single cancelled item. Yesterday I ordered one thing that was cancelled.

viba424
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Heck yeah, I'm interested!

Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered four more items for the kids (2 T-shirts and 2 anoraks). Resisted ordering any more stuff for myself. DH jokes that the kids and I serve as walking Boden ads.

You think thats bad, after ordering one too many frumpy items for myself...DH saw me in one of the sweatshirts and asked me if I was going to a menopause convention. :bag

I have to decide if I am going to keep this one. What do you think? I got it in white and untucked its tunic length. I really love it but my family indicates it creates the illusion of a lumpy midsection but I dont see it. I find it hard to resist these tunic length tops because of all the skinny pants I own. What do you think?

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Shirts/WA363/Womens-Ruffle-Shirt.html

By the way, I think these are a sleeper hit if you are looking for pants. They look sloppy in the pic but I went with the lower of my two sizes and they are super cute for casual or work.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Pants-Jeans/Pants/WM313-BLK/Womens-Black-Drawstring-Trousers.html?NavGroupID=19

jent
01-17-2013, 11:33 AM

I feel singlehandedly responsible for the replen-- I ordered quite a bit during the stacking code sake and none of it fit right. I just got around to returning it last week.

Hope you all have better luck with your purchases than I did!

Tinochka
01-17-2013, 12:02 PM
I ordered another pack of boxes for DS1, missed fleece lined anorak, because I was not sure if we like red camouflage... We have blue one with stars and DS1 loves it.
Thank you!

babybunny
01-17-2013, 08:30 PM
If my order shipped last Thursday and I returned by mail today, what are my chances of getting a refund vs a credit?

ett
01-17-2013, 08:35 PM
If my order shipped last Thursday and I returned by mail today, what are my chances of getting a refund vs a credit?

It's 7 days from when you received your order, so you should be getting a refund. And my understanding is that since they don't know exactly which day you'll get your order, there is a little leeway with the 7 days.

babybunny
01-17-2013, 09:48 PM
It's 7 days from when you received your order, so you should be getting a refund. And my understanding is that since they don't know exactly which day you'll get your order, there is a little leeway with the 7 days.

Good to know!! Thanks. If not, maybe I will get leggings. They seem more foolproof.

janine
01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Guess I missed the replen because even less now than yesterday - is there a time of day this happens?

speo
01-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Guess I missed the replen because even less now than yesterday - is there a time of day this happens?

They do it throughout the day, but there seems to be more in the morning. If you are really interested in an item you have to constantly check.

maiaann
01-18-2013, 02:23 PM

A rep once told me that the site updates every 15 minutes.

Avispa
01-18-2013, 02:44 PM
I find that the large replens are often very late at night here (like around midnight or later on the West Coast), when the day starts in the UK. If I'm stalking something on their site, I usually have a quick look around that time and I've been able to get things that way.

citymama
01-18-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm so bummed - UPS appears to have misdelivered my stitch detail dress! I checked my order history and the dress was supposed to be delivered yesterday. It wasn't. I work from home and my desk overlooks the street and our front porch. I get to the door before the UPS guy does usually. To my surprise when I tracked the item today it said delivered at front porch yesterday at 1.30 pm! I was on a call then and at my desk. I saw UPS park, cross the street and deliver a box to the house across us (not a spotty package). He waved at me as he walked back to the truck and drove off. I called Boden about it and they're looking into it. UPS cs maintains it's been delivered. Sure hope I'm not out $50 and a dress I really wanted!

Globetrotter
01-18-2013, 07:55 PM
In one mailing they sent a wrong item. I also got someone else's invoice in another mailing! Have to call them..

Cm, do you think he dropped it off at your neighbor's house?

mypa
01-18-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm so bummed - UPS appears to have misdelivered my stitch detail dress! I checked my order history and the dress was supposed to be delivered yesterday. It wasn't. I work from home and my desk overlooks the street and our front porch. I get to the door before the UPS guy does usually. To my surprise when I tracked the item today it said delivered at front porch yesterday at 1.30 pm! I was on a call then and at my desk. I saw UPS park, cross the street and deliver a box to the house across us (not a spotty package). He waved at me as he walked back to the truck and drove off. I called Boden about it and they're looking into it. UPS cs maintains it's been delivered. Sure hope I'm not out $50 and a dress I really wanted!

Oh no! I hope whoever got it by mistake turns it in. Two years ago when I tried out a bunch of Boden stuff and was getting daily packages I ended up with two packages for my neighbor a couple of houses down the street. I think the UPS guy just saw the spotty packages and assumed they were all mine and didn't even check the street number and I even cut it open! I did walk it down to the neighbor the same day as I'm sure she was eagerly waiting for her package.

Hope yours turns up soon! I just ordered the same dress :-)

citymama
01-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Oh no! I hope whoever got it by mistake turns it in. Two years ago when I tried out a bunch of Boden stuff and was getting daily packages I ended up with two packages for my neighbor a couple of houses down the street. I think the UPS guy just saw the spotty packages and assumed they were all mine and didn't even check the street number and I even cut it open! I did walk it down to the neighbor the same day as I'm sure she was eagerly waiting for her package.

Hope yours turns up soon! I just ordered the same dress :-)

I'll check with the neighbors - I looked at everyone's front steps and didn't see a spotty package, but I'll ask. I really wanted that dress!

viba424
01-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Even worst case its lost, Im sure they wont fight you on it and you are almost guaranteed it will pop back in stock if you are militant about checking a few times a day. I was all freaked out because I accidentally ordered a size too big in the boyfriend cardigan and sure enough 24 hours later I looked and there it was.

tarnator
01-19-2013, 10:49 AM
I got my second stitch detail dress and love it. Sure hope that yours shows up citymama!

I did take a chance on their stitch detail pants because I really need pants. But....the rise is too high. I will call CS and see if they are any different in the petite size which might work for me.

mypa
01-19-2013, 12:29 PM
I got my second stitch detail dress and love it. Sure hope that yours shows up citymama!

I did take a chance on their stitch detail pants because I really need pants. But....the rise is too high. I will call CS and see if they are any different in the petite size which might work for me.

Will you tell me how the Stitch Detail Dress fits? I'm in between sizes and wasn't sure to size up or down. The reviews were so confusing but many seem to say the shoulders were tight and the middle loose?

tarnator
01-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Will you tell me how the Stitch Detail Dress fits? I'm in between sizes and wasn't sure to size up or down. The reviews were so confusing but many seem to say the shoulders were tight and the middle loose?

Hmm. Seems to fit me just fine....does that mean that I have narrow shoulders and a fat waist? :tongue5:

Anyway, I would say that I am a typical size 6 hourglass shape and it fits me perfectly. I like it to be just a little bit loose for comfort and a size 6 Boden always fits me.

citymama
01-20-2013, 12:20 AM

Alas, I think the package is lost - total mystery. And I really wanted that dress! UPS insists it was delivered; neither we nor our neighbors have seen it. Boden called today - someone who sounded like the strictest teacher you had at school - and she eventually issued me the refund. (they don't have it in stock any more in that size/color). While I understand why they'd be suspicious/cautious, I was miffed when she said "you've reported missing packages before." Um, no I haven't ever done so, could you tell me what you're talking about? You should be able to see that I've spent a small fortune with you buying women's and kids clothes, yes, a fair amount of returns but *never* a missing package. This is a half price dress not a cashmere sweater. She apologized and immediately offered the refund. Humph.

DrSally
01-20-2013, 02:30 AM
Citymama, that stinks!!

DrSally
01-20-2013, 02:36 AM
Does anyone have the Emma tunic dress. Reviews say to size down and get reg length for wear as a dress, not tunic ( which is what I want to do). I'm not busty, and most neg reviews have been from busty women and the fabric not laying right.
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics/WL681-DGY/Womens-Charcoal-Marl-Emma-Tunic-Dress.html

Also, I'm wary to size down, as Boden 6 always has been a perfect fit. Anyone that can weigh in?

Also, I returned my clearance items way after 7 days, but did not receive a notice that I have a credit to use. Do they usually nd a voucher number?

turtle12
01-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Does anyone have the Emma tunic dress. Reviews say to size down and get reg length for wear as a dress, not tunic ( which is what I want to do). I'm not busty, and most neg reviews have been from busty women and the fabric not laying right.
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics/WL681-DGY/Womens-Charcoal-Marl-Emma-Tunic-Dress.html

Also, I'm wary to size down, as Boden 6 always has been a perfect fit. Anyone that can weigh in?

Also, I returned my clearance items way after 7 days, but did not receive a notice that I have a credit to use. Do they usually nd a voucher number?

I just received this, it's cute! I ordered my regular Boden size and its fine. The sleeves are a little long for me, but otherwise it's cute.

citymama
01-20-2013, 03:19 AM

That's a cute dress - I hope it works! I like the Navy and it's available in a 6R...just sayin.' ;) I am always wary to size down too much.

I usually get an email saying "return processed" and then they say how much was refunded or issued as credit. The next time I log in to place an order it tells me I have $15.00 credit or whatever amount. (This last bit is new, I only noticed it a few weeks ago) But it takes ages for returns to be processed, IME, usually I give it at least 3 weeks after sending back a package.

DrSally
01-20-2013, 05:53 AM
That's a cute dress - I hope it works! I like the Navy and it's available in a 6R...just sayin.' ;) I am always wary to size down too much.

I usually get an email saying "return processed" and then they say how much was refunded or issued as credit. The next time I log in to place an order it tells me I have $15.00 credit or whatever amount. (This last bit is new, I only noticed it a few weeks ago) But it takes ages for returns to be processed, IME, usually I give it at least 3 weeks after sending back a package.

I didn't see the navy. I don't need another gray dress, but the beautiful red is not in my size. Still, the cut might be special enough to warrant ordering the gray. I thought a "credit" of some sort would appear when I logged in, but it did not. My acct. said the rtn was received 1//16, ao maybe there's more processing to do.

DrSally
01-20-2013, 05:55 AM
I just received this, it's cute! I ordered my regular Boden size and its fine. The sleeves are a little long for me, but otherwise it's cute.

Thank you so much for posting. I will go ahead and order my 6. How tall are you? Does it hit above or at the knee? Are you busty? Did the top part lay nice? Did it emphasize tummy pouch? What color did you get? How are you going to wear it?

DrSally
01-20-2013, 06:39 AM
Just bought the red and gray since it's free returns. The red is more expensive, but if it's a stunner, like the reviews say, I'll prob keep it. Also got a wrap top in red print.

citymama
01-20-2013, 06:42 AM
Just bought the red and gray since it's free returns. The red is more expensive, but if it's a stunner, like the reviews say, I'll prob keep it. Also got a wrap top in red print.

You're an early riser/shopper! (I am sitting with kid who tried to crawl into bed with us, so it's middle of the night here) I'd love to hear how the dresses work out - good for you for trying the red; looks stunning! Did you try the 4 or 6?

DrSally
01-20-2013, 08:53 AM
You're an early riser/shopper! (I am sitting with kid who tried to crawl into bed with us, so it's middle of the night here) I'd love to hear how the dresses work out - good for you for trying the red; looks stunning! Did you try the 4 or 6?

Couldn't sleep. It was nice to see a compadre online so early! I got the gray in 6, and the red in 4, just to compare. Hopefully something will click. I didn't wait around for my credit. Suddenly became worried b/ everything in my basket was " low stock".

turtle12
01-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Thank you so much for posting. I will go ahead and order my 6. How tall are you? Does it hit above or at the knee? Are you busty? Did the top part lay nice? Did it emphasize tummy pouch? What color did you get? How are you going to wear it?

Sorry, just seeing this! I think it's very comfy but still polished. I'm petite and not busty, I'm about 5'1" and it hits me right above the knee. So definitely a dress on me (and not a tunic). Not busty at all, so the foldy things are not a problem. There's a little pooch in the front (so I can see where I could look preggers) but it doesn't bother me. I like the long sleeves (which i have to fold up a bit) and the material. I think it would look cute with tights. I got the grey too! Hope you like it!!

jgenie
01-20-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a few things. What's the best code to use right now? TIA

lilhilly
01-20-2013, 02:21 PM

I have the Emma tunic in charcoal. It's cute! I got my normal Boden size (8) and regular length. It's a hair on the short side (I am 5'6 and change) but I could still wear it as a dress with tights. I am not busty and didn't have an issue with the bodice. It does flare out a tiny bit below the bodice but not a big deal.

zephyr
01-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Is the 15% off and FS code good for sale items? Or only full priced items?

jgenie
01-20-2013, 08:35 PM

It only worked for regular priced items for me.

iaam
01-20-2013, 09:07 PM

It will give you FS on any purchase. Percent off coupons are never valid for clearance.

DrSally
01-21-2013, 12:16 AM
I have the Emma tunic in charcoal. It's cute! I got my normal Boden size (8) and regular length. It's a hair on the short side (I am 5'6 and change) but I could still wear it as a dress with tights. I am not busty and didn't have an issue with the bodice. It does flare out a tiny bit below the bodice but not a big deal.

Sounds good. I'm a little nervous, b/c I like my dresses just above the knee. I'm 5'4" and hopefully I won't be wishing I ordered he tall.

DrSally
01-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Sorry, just seeing this! I think it's very comfy but still polished. I'm petite and not busty, I'm about 5'1" and it hits me right above the knee. So definitely a dress on me (and not a tunic). Not busty at all, so the foldy things are not a problem. There's a little pooch in the front (so I can see where I could look preggers) but it doesn't bother me. I like the long sleeves (which i have to fold up a bit) and the material. I think it would look cute with tights. I got the grey too! Hope you like it!!

That's ok :). I posted in the middle of the night. I have a reg torso and short legs, 5'4", so hopefully it won't be too short on me. Glad yu like it!

lcarlson90
01-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Is the best deal for spring items 10% off w/ FS and FR? I think I saw a 15% off coupon but I don't think it included FR.

star04
01-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Is the best deal for spring items 10% off w/ FS and FR? I think I saw a 15% off coupon but I don't think it included FR.

I believe X4L7 works.

I updated OP and included links for "The Spring Trim" to save more on specific items.

viba424
02-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Is anybody getting anything from the 4th for $1 sale? I think it ends pretty soon. I am considering it; though I dont want to force it. Thinking about getting:

striped henley for me
slub 3/4 sleeve tee for me
5 pack bodysuits for DS
lounge pants for DH

citymama
02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm not buying Boden till EOS (my new mantra), but I wanted to mention that the 15% off codes (WAFL or DOTO) stack with the DoTD sales going on this week.

viba424
02-12-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm not buying Boden till EOS (my new mantra), but I wanted to mention that the 15% off codes (WAFL or DOTO) stack with the DoTD sales going on this week.

I would do that too but am desparate to get DS the 5-pack bodies. Maybe I should hold out for a bit, as I can justify skipping the other stuff.

Dream
02-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Is anybody getting anything from the 4th for $1 sale? I think it ends pretty soon. I am considering it; though I dont want to force it. Thinking about getting:

striped henley for me
slub 3/4 sleeve tee for me
5 pack bodysuits for DS
lounge pants for DH

Is there a code for this? I don't remember receiving an email.

viba424
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Is there a code for this? I don't remember receiving an email.

Try X6X1 maybe?