PDA

View Full Version : Cl wwyd?

mommylamb
01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
I am trying to sell my glider chair on CL. I've sold things before and always had the person come to my house rather than a neutral location, especially since most of what I've sold has been big items. DH works from home most days, so I've always told them that he will be home during the day, but if they want to wait until I get home, that they can do that too.

Anyway, I had someone email me about the glider and they want to come and pick it up on Wednesday, which is the one day of the week that DH works in the city. I told her that we wouldn't be home until after 6pm, and that she could either come that evening, or pick it up Monday or Tuesday (It just so happens that DH is working in the city again on Thursday this week).

She wants to come on Wednesday evening, and asked for my address. So I wrote back that after 6 pm is fine, but that I would send her my address on Wednesday afternoon. I told her the general area where I live (it was in the CL posting anyway) so that she would know about how long it would take to get there.

I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, but I hate the idea of giving out my address and telling the person that no one will be home all day. I hope I didn't kill my sale. If you got a note like that, would you think I was a wacko?

Melaine
01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
That was perfectly fine and also a good way to weed out flakes. I never give out my address until the last minute. I don't think that's weird.

AnnieW625
01-07-2013, 02:27 PM
That fine. We bought a large computer desk off of CL and the lady gave us her home address the day we went to look at the desk.

I sold a stroller on CL and I think I may have given them our address the day before when she confirmed she was going to be able to make it. They showed up right on time as well.

katerinasmom
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
I think that was perfectly reasonable. Probably because that is the only way I operate on CraigsList. I only give a nearby cross street in advance so that I'm not waiting at home for someone who never shows up but they still have an idea of how much trouble it would be for them to come to me. I give the exact address only when they call and tell me that they are on their way.

wellyes
01-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't go to those lengths, but, I wouldn't blink if someone I was buying from did. Totally OK.