PDA

View Full Version : Does DS need to see a Dr for his foot?

infocrazy
01-07-2013, 03:02 PM
DS1 (7) was playing at a friend's house and said he hurt his foot. It has been nearly a week and he says it still hurts. He has played hockey twice and basketball once since then without complaint during, but after and many many many other times has commented and whimpered a bit about his foot. I have also seen him favoring it (walking on heel only) at times but not always.

It is difficult to figure out exactly HOW he injured it (just started hurting), what the pain actually is (too coach-able), etc...but he is consistent about where it hurts: the top side of his right foot, seemingly an inch or so up his foot from his third and fourth toes.

I have just assumed he pulled it or bruised it but now that it has been a week, I'm a little concerned I blew off a real injury...

Thoughts? If needs to see someone, is it someone other than the ped?

indigo99
01-07-2013, 03:14 PM
I'd take him in to be safe. Call first and see what they recommend (if they have an x-ray machine since that may be what's required).

My friend's daugher complained a little about her arm after she fell on it doing a cartwheel. After a week of on/off complaining (during which time she did gymanstics), my friend took her to the doctor and found out it had been broken - seriously too. The dr said she was lucky she didn't have to have surgery.