PDA

View Full Version : I am in heaven...Healthy frozen custard!!!!

SASM
01-07-2013, 04:17 PM
I just made this and it is fantastic!! Now, take this with a grain of salt bc I eat Paleo (little/no sugar and no dairy) but OMG!!!

Healthiest Ice Cream Ever...with Sweet & Salty Snack topping:

http://paleoparents.com/featured/the-healthiest-ice-cream-ever/

Contains roasted butternut squash and full-fat coconut milk (I LOVE Golden Star from Walmart...cheap and only contains coconut and water...no additives). The topping totally makes it!!! I used almond extract.

Cannot wait until tonight...yum!!! DS loved it slightly soft right from the ice cream maker without the crunchy topping.

hellokitty
01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
I can't wait to try it! I pinned it for later.

SASM
01-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Verdict: All 3 kids really liked it!! I told them what was in the "ice cream" about 3/4 into their portions...they still loved it and requested more for tomorrow! YAY!! I sampled a little...very filling!!

linsei
01-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks for your review! I had pinned it yesterday, but didn't think anymore about it. I'll have to give it a try!

essnce629
01-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Ooo, I'll definitely be trying this in the very near future! I'm on day 1 of Whole30 and this would fit in perfectly!

SASM
01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Ooo, I'll definitely be trying this in the very near future! I'm on day 1 of Whole30 and this would fit in perfectly!

Is "ice cream" allowed on Whole30?? I thought their thing was no "paleoify-ing" foods, such as ice cream, waffles, etc. Even though all the ingredients are w30 approved, it is still "ice cream".

I will say that this Spaghetti Squash alla Carbonara is fabulous: http://paleoparents.com/featured/spaghetti-squash-alla-carbonara/ I sub zucchini "noodles" for the spaghetti squash, which is so unpredictable around me, and it is fantastic!! Arrowroot is okay as a thickener but you can easily omit it too.

Edited to add: This would obviously be approved for Balanced Bite's 21-Day Sugar Detox. ;)

essnce629
01-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be allowed! Maybe in 3 weeks!

BabyH
01-09-2013, 02:27 PM
I don't know anything about the Paleo diet - but I thought I'd post that I got a "Yonanas" for Xmas ... it's CRAZY how it works. But also crazy delicious! Check it out on Amazon :)