PDA

View Full Version : Sur La Table sale

Twoboos
01-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Picardie glasses are marked down slightly, there's a set of 6 wine glasses for $19.99, holiday stuff on sale.

White and Glassware sale (Picardie is here)
http://www.surlatable.com/category/cat460467/Whiteware-and-Glassware-Sale

Holiday is here
http://www.surlatable.com/category/cat930424/Seasonal-Clearance

mum-to-be
01-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Just a warning on the Picardie glasses. One of ours exploded (literally) in my hand as I removed it from the dishwasher today. I don't think i knocked it on anything. The glass went everywhere, including throughout our dishwasher. I thought I removed it all. I got a dust brush and swept the glass out, shook all the silverware out of their holder to remove glass fragments that flew in there, reloaded the dishwasher and ran it again out of fear of glass fragments, swept the floor, vacuumed. DH later came home and pulled the dishwasher apart a bit and found further glass. He also found tiny fragments in the rewashed glasses. He hand washed all of the contents of the dishwasher.

This is the third one we've had break, and the clean up is crazy! They explode and pieces fly all over the room. Thankfully nobody has been hurt. Returning to Costco ASAP. Will buy normal glass in future.

ahisma
01-08-2013, 01:28 AM
Just a warning on the Picardie glasses. One of ours exploded (literally) in my hand as I removed it from the dishwasher today. I don't think i knocked it on anything. The glass went everywhere, including throughout our dishwasher. I thought I removed it all. I got a dust brush and swept the glass out, shook all the silverware out of their holder to remove glass fragments that flew in there, reloaded the dishwasher and ran it again out of fear of glass fragments, swept the floor, vacuumed. DH later came home and pulled the dishwasher apart a bit and found further glass. He also found tiny fragments in the rewashed glasses. He hand washed all of the contents of the dishwasher.

This is the third one we've had break, and the clean up is crazy! They explode and pieces fly all over the room. Thankfully nobody has been hurt. Returning to Costco ASAP. Will buy normal glass in future.

If you want sturdy glasses, I swear by jelly jars. They're durable and rarely break. When they do, it is a very containable break - and often just a crack. I think we've broken maybe 6 in 10+ years.

I know it's NMS for many - but for us it works great. We use them for canning, food storage, food shopping (package free grocer), drinking glasses, cupcake wrappers - everything!