PDA

View Full Version : Maxikick vs Ybike Glider

wellyes
01-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Looking to buy for camping next year.
My daughter is AWFUL with bikes, really just can't pick it up, so I think a scooter would be easier. And if she has a scooter, I guess DS should have one too.

Thoughts on these two models?

GvilleGirl
01-08-2013, 04:39 PM
We got the yglider for my DS (2yo) after he wouldn't get off of it at TRU one day. Both my kids love it! (I even glide every once and a while!) I can't compare it to a maxi, but the handle isn't adjustable and turning is a bit different then a normal scooter. I'm tempted to pick up a second for my DD.

wellyes
01-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the review! I didn't know you could take the ybike for a trial run at TRU, will have to check it out.

candaceb
01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
DS got a Ybike for Chrismakkuh and I was hoping to try it out this afternoon but he is taking a record nap on the first nice day we have had since he got it! At this rate, it is going to be dark by the time he gets up.

GvilleGirl
01-08-2013, 05:34 PM
The version that is at the store is a bit different than the one you get on amazon, but I could tell right away that he could use it and it was on sale for maybe $40. It appeared only to be the footbed, but someone else might know more. They even seem to use the same models in advertising, but can't find proof they are the same company.)

This is the one we got... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13084915

ourbabygirl
01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Well, we haven't seen or tried the Ybike, but DD (age 4) and her cousins (ages 4 and 6) love their Maxi Kicks! :) DS (age 2) got a Mini kick for Christmas, but he hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet because he's really short/ small for his age. I think they're well worth the money, even though it took DD a couple of days to figure out how to use hers (she got it for her 4th birthday, and she's tall for her age, so the Maxi was a good size for her).