PDA

View Full Version : S/o Do you dress up if you at home?

dhano923
01-08-2013, 05:29 PM
This is a spinoff of the What Are You Wearing thread. :)

What do you wear if you are home and not planning on going out at all? Do you stay in your pjs? Or get dressed in comfy at-home clothes? Do you dress the same way as if you were going out to run errands? Do you put on shoes?

I stay in my pjs until late morning and then change into some yoga pants and a tee or 3/4 sleeve knit top (although sometimes yoga pants ad a tee are my pjs!). No shoes, but I wear my inside-use-only only croc flip flops downstairs on the tile floor. When it's cold, I wear slippers. I don't go out to run errands in yoga pants.

What is your typical "I'm at home" outfit?

daniele_ut
01-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Since all 3 kids and I are home sick today I changed out of pajamas and into yoga pants and a sweatshirt. Most days when we are all feeling well I shower and change into jeans and a sweater or nice top whether we plan to go out or not.

joonbug
01-08-2013, 05:34 PM
SAHM, we rarely stay home all day but I usually put on some jeans and a comfy sweater. unless sick, then I lounge around in sweat pants.

crl
01-08-2013, 05:37 PM
I always get dressed and wear more or less the same thing--jeans and a t-shirt. If I am planning to stay home all day (rare) I might choose an old t-shirt.

Catherine

brittone2
01-08-2013, 05:40 PM
We are at home most of the day 3 out of 5 days of the workweek. We HS so the kids are always with me.

I always get dressed and do my makeup every morning; that said, my default wardrobe is pretty much jeans and a nicer/fitted tee with a cardigan or something similar. I do wear dresses a lot now to run errands on weekends or if we go out in the evenings, but not so much just to hang at home w/ the kids.

I will stay in yoga pants if I'm sick or it is really snowy and I want to be snuggly, but that's like 2-3x a year I'd say. (and oh boy, we know what a can of worms that is...:D). I don't feel awake unless I am dressed, so I just feel more on the ball when I'm wearing jeans vs. yoga pants, although I'm not a fashionista.

AnnieW625
01-08-2013, 05:40 PM
If I am at home and all I have to do is drop off the kids at daycare and school and don't have anything much planned (this happens very rarely BTW because I WFTOH) then I wear my gym clothes to drop off and then go to the gym. When I am done with the gym unless I know for sure I am going to spend the day cleaning the house or gardening then I'll wear the same gym clothes, but in most cases I will change to jeans, and a tee shirt/sweater and wear either flip flops, Danskos, or flats. I am one of the few that doesn't like to look I just got done working out all of the time. I think it took me until I was pregnant with DD1 to even remotely think about leaving the house in a pair of cropped yoga pants to run errands in. Now I might go in some long yoga pants, but still I feel much better if I take a few minutes and put on a nice pair of jeans, a tee, and a sweater/hoodie/jacket or even an old sweatshirt, and my gym sneakers.

Makeup wise I never leave the house without mascara and undereye concealer on so in many cases since I used powder foundation and apply with a brush it only takes me another minute to apply it and some blush so really going without makeup for me means no eyeshadow. I will also wear lipstick most days as well. If I am hanging out at home and for sure am not going anywhere or just to the store I might skip the makeup, but not usually.

twowhat?
01-08-2013, 05:43 PM
LOL based on what I'm wearing now (unzipped jeans, nursing tank, fleece hoodie) the answer is a big fat NO. To me, there's no point - I'd rather be comfortable since I have a desk job. And the only reason I have jeans on at all is because I dropped the girls off at school this morning and was too lazy to change back into pajama pants. So I just unzipped my jeans. How lazy is that??

SnuggleBuggles
01-08-2013, 05:44 PM
If I'm in for the day, no company expected, I am all about comfort. I wouldn't wear this stuff out for the most part. Sitting at swim lessons? I might be in yoga pants and a t vs jeans and a t. :)

waitingforgrace
01-08-2013, 05:47 PM
If I'm home all day I still get dressed but in jeans or yoga pants and a sweater or sweatshirt- just something comfortable. Very rarely I do stay in PJs all day.

BayGirl2
01-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I work from home all day except to pick up my kids in the afternoon. Most days I wear something simple but dressed, like jeans and a sweater. Some days just sweats, workout clothes if I'm trying to motivate to work out. Occasionally I'll be in pajamas for part or most of the day, especially if I have very early morning calls that I roll out of bed for.

I go through phases were I'll try to dress up a bit more, especially on the weekends. Like wearing a cute Boden dress to a casual get together, just so I feel less like a Mom all the time.

Mermanaid
01-08-2013, 05:57 PM
I WAH, but only dress up if I need to feel like I am upping my game or heading to a client meeting.

EllasMum
01-08-2013, 05:59 PM
LOL based on what I'm wearing now (unzipped jeans, nursing tank, fleece hoodie) the answer is a big fat NO. To me, there's no point - I'd rather be comfortable since I have a desk job. And the only reason I have jeans on at all is because I dropped the girls off at school this morning and was too lazy to change back into pajama pants. So I just unzipped my jeans. How lazy is that??

Twowhat?, I think we could be BFFs. :ROTFLMAO:

maestramommy
01-08-2013, 06:05 PM
My typical everyday outfit is the same whether I stay home or go out. Jeans or "yoga" pants, short tee in the summer, add long sleeve tee in winter, add tank top in cold winter:p. In hot summer shorts or capris. Hair in a ponytail or bun. No makeup, but lip balm.

TwinFoxes
01-08-2013, 06:10 PM
I try to wear put together outfits even if I have nothing planned. But my clothes are also comfy. I never stay in my PJs. For me it's a slippery slope...one false move and I'll soon be wearing a muumuu! ;) Plus, I like cute clothes, I would get bored wearing the same thing.

daisymommy
01-08-2013, 06:17 PM
SAHM here. If I know for sure that I'm not leaving the house, I lounge around in my pjs for far too long, and after showering put on yoga pants and a long sleeved T or fleece pull over. No makeup, hair in a pony tail. For me, on those days when I get to stay home without having to trot all over town, it's all about comfort!

Sent from my iPad

JBaxter
01-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Jeans, shirt/sweater/sweatshirt mostly. If Im not going anyplace yoga pants and top. Always put on a little eye liner / mascara and foundation. Hair... well sometimes just a pony tail.

wellyes
01-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't wear PJs all day, but I don't put on "business casual" / church clothes for every day at home either. Somewhere in between. Jeans or yoga pants.

When I say "yoga pants" I mean black pull on pants with some give that are not fleece or sweatpants -- not actual gym wear. I actually think of it as lounge wear, but I am not sure if that's accurate. Kohls sells "lounge pants" that are PJ pants.

Nechums
01-08-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm a SAHM, but get moderately dressed up. Mainly to assuage the guilt that accompanies the money I spend on clothing and shoes. I also always wear mascara, blush and lip gloss.

Globetrotter
01-08-2013, 06:39 PM
I almost always dress up to go out, regardless of what I am doing. I enjoy coordinating clothes and jewelry so this is not an issue for me :) The only time I don't do this is when one of us is sick or on cleaning day, until I'm done putting things away.

edurnemk
01-08-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm a SAHM. Jeans or leggings and a flattering top according to the weather, and a cardigan / sweater if it's cold. For shoes it's usually flats if I'm staying home. I always wear concealer, mascara and lipgloss. I don't always blow dry my hair but at the very least I do a nice ponytail or bun. If I'm going out I wear flats, high heels or boots and I always try to accessorize (nice earrings, and bracelet or chunky necklace). I find my mood and energy level are much better if I feel I look nice. And I don't want DH to come home and find me in sweats.

I only wear yoga pants if I'm actually going / went to yoga at some point during the day OR if I'm in a hurry in the morning, but then I'll shower and change after dropping DS off at school.

lmh2402
01-08-2013, 08:23 PM
i shower first thing every morning and get dressed, but i don't get dressed up. jeans, sweats or leggings get equal play. nursing tanks always and either a hoodie, an over-sized button down, or a cardigan

westwoodmom04
01-08-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm a SAHM. Jeans or leggings and a flattering top according to the weather, and a cardigan / sweater if it's cold. For shoes it's usually flats if I'm staying home. I always wear concealer, mascara and lipgloss. I don't always blow dry my hair but at the very least I do a nice ponytail or bun. If I'm going out I wear flats, high heels or boots and I always try to accessorize (nice earrings, and bracelet or chunky necklace). I find my mood and energy level are much better if I feel I look nice. And I don't want DH to come home and find me in sweats.

I only wear yoga pants if I'm actually going / went to yoga at some point during the day OR if I'm in a hurry in the morning, but then I'll shower and change after dropping DS off at school.

This exactly, except I don't do yoga, just take other classes, and I rarely do a ponytail.

HannaAddict
01-08-2013, 09:15 PM
I never stay in pjs, I might wear yoga pants to drop off if a crazy morning or I will wear my work out clothes if its a day I go to gym after drop off. I don't use yoga pants as clothes or lounge wear, except if sick or right before bed, or if I've changed out of super dressy clothes (dress, etc.) and sticking around for the rest of the night. I wear make-up, even if just tinted moisturizer, mascara and neutral shadow and lips. I am less made-up and put together than most moms in our 'hood, we have some classic moms who look nice on a daily basis.

kijip
01-08-2013, 09:30 PM
I usually pull on a casual/simple dress when I am at home, which a sweater if I am cold. I change into warmer clothes/more layers if I need to go out. Pants in winter for the most part and skirts in summer for the most part.

I would say that I don't dress UP but I do get dressed. I figure if I want the kids to get dressed, I better set a good example. And I feel more awake and active when dressed.

I don't do that flylady thing of putting on shoes though. Shoes are an outside of my house thing for me.

smilequeen
01-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Yoga pants, tshirt, ugg slippers. But I'm the type to wear my nice yoga pants and a hoodie to the grocery store, Target, the ice rink, or to pick up/drop off the kids at school. I live in a pretty casual area (but more along the lines of Lululemon casual than sloppy sweats). I fix my hair and put on a little make up even if I'm not going anywhere.

indigo99
01-08-2013, 10:44 PM
I rarely dress up whether I'm going out or not. I've worn makeup twice since DS2 was born. Only this past week I've started feeling like I need to make more of an effort, but I've always been very casual. I don't think I've worn a dress or skirt in... hmmm... I think I wore one for some maternity pics with DS2 but that was only for half an hour. Before that... I may have worn one when I was pregnant with DS1. My daily outfit is jeans or cords and long or short-sleeved t-shirts. When I'm trying to look more presentable, I go for plain t-shirts without any words or pictures on them.

nfowife
01-08-2013, 11:18 PM
3 days a week I drop my kids at school in my pjs and then come home and put on workout clothes and go to the gym (with dd2). We might stop at the grocery on the way home. If I'm not going back out the rest of the day I shower and put on pjs which are flannel pants and a long sleeved tee. The other 2 days I take dd2 to library storytime or mom-n-me gymnastics and those days I wear jeans and a sweater, fleece, or long sleeved tee and my privos or uggs. The. When we come home I will usually take off the jeans and throw on the flannel pants again ;).

eagle
01-08-2013, 11:41 PM
im a slob. never wear any make up (never. even during job interviews when i worked).

if im wearing something more than sweats and a tshirt im shocked at myself.

but i certainly cannot blame my child for this. i was a slob even before i had him.