PDA

View Full Version : Harry and David Riviera pears - $20 with FS

anamika
01-08-2013, 11:56 PM
I got the pears from the earlier deal and we were discussing just today that we should get more. They were so unbelievably delicious!!
The deal is on the home page. The shipping gets taken off once you add all your info. I got 2 boxes for $30 (you get half off the second).
Hope that helps someone!

nrp
01-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Just wanted to point out to anyone who is looking that these are their "Maverick" pears - i.e., seconds. I have bought these before and they are delicious and totally worth it for $30 for 2 boxes, but I might think twice before ordering for a gift.

Mirthful
01-09-2013, 10:28 AM
They have a "hidden page" that I can't seem to get to by going to their home page that gives "Internet specials" and the Favorite (ie regular) Riviera Pears are $15 but it doesn't say free shipping. There is a free ship code if you spend $75 on ebates.

There's also a tower of treats that's $30- (50% off) on the hidden page.

http://www.harryanddavid.com/h/internet-exclusive-gifts/online-exclusive-gifts?afsrc=1&ref=affiliates&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-46157-_-11043962-_-CJ

I had ordered the Mavericks a few days ago and was able to use a 20% code too (because the free shipping is automatic) but I can't find that code anymore. I'll edit if I find it.

Don't forget ebates at 4%!

ETA: I found the code - it's YOURGIFT which makes the double box of Mavericks $24- shipped. Posted also below.

FireflyT
01-09-2013, 06:08 PM
I've never ordered the Mavericks, are they significantly different than the regular ones? I don't mind if they are just a bit misshapen, but I don't really want them if they are bruised or over riped or something like that since they still aren't that cheap.

YouAreTheFocus
01-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Regarding the Mavericks, from their website:

We grow a lot of pears. Everyone knows that. And naturally, some of our Royal Riviera® Pears don't grow pretty enough to be wrapped in gold foil and put in our gift baskets and towers. Sometimes there aren't enough leaves to protect them from the sun and they get a little redder than others. Sometimes they grow too close to the branch and have a funny shape. However unique these Royal Riviera® Pears look on the outside, one thing is for sure, on the inside they're just as juicy and sweet as their more photogenic siblings.

Btw, the price of 2 boxes of regular is $29.94, the price of 2 boxes of maverick is $29.92. However, the mavericks have automatic free shipping, regular do not. Standard shipping on those is $17.90!

anamika
01-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the info on the Mavericks. I thought they were a type of pear! :rotflmao:

I don't care about the looks so I hope they will taste as good as the regular ones!

Mirthful
01-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Found it!

20% off any purchase code: YOURGIFT

It works on the Maverick Pears to bring the double box down to $24 and the free shipping is automatic.

Ebates too.

candaceb
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Found it!

20% off any purchase code: YOURGIFT

It works on the Maverick Pears to bring the double box down to $24 and the free shipping is automatic.

Ebates too.

too good to be true... they have now sold out of the 2 box packages. Single box is $16 after discount.

geminimagk
01-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Thanks, just ordered a box!

mom2akm
01-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks for posting, I ordered a box too.