PDA

View Full Version : Party favor for the older child

L'sMommy
01-09-2013, 01:10 AM
We are having a casual party for my 4 year old this weekend. There are 12 kids coming with most of them being 3-5. There will be a 10 year old boy there. Do I get him an age appropriate favor or skip it? He has 2 younger brothers who will get favors. If I need to give him a favor I am open to suggestions. I have no idea what 10 y/o kids are into.

SASM
01-09-2013, 01:18 AM
Price range?

Tondi G
01-09-2013, 01:22 AM
a small lego set?

Silly putty?

Slinky?

I bought a little small foam (Nerf like) football from the dollar spot at Target about a month ago ... I think it was $2.50 or 3.00.

what are you giving to the younger kids as favors?

I have an older boy (he's 11.5) and he has been forgotten at parties ... a lot of times people just assume a 9, 10, 11 yr old won't want a favor but that is not always the case. It depends on what you are giving the others as favors. If it is bubbles or playdoh or crayons a 10 yr old might not want it, but a noise maker, a lolly pop, a punch balloon, a slinky.... those would all go over well with my son when he was 10.

SASM
01-09-2013, 02:23 AM
a small lego set?

Silly putty?

Slinky?

I bought a little small foam (Nerf like) football from the dollar spot at Target about a month ago ... I think it was $2.50 or 3.00.

what are you giving to the younger kids as favors?

I have an older boy (he's 11.5) and he has been forgotten at parties ... a lot of times people just assume a 9, 10, 11 yr old won't want a favor but that is not always the case. It depends on what you are giving the others as favors. If it is bubbles or playdoh or crayons a 10 yr old might not want it, but a noise maker, a lolly pop, a punch balloon, a slinky.... those would all go over well with my son when he was 10.
:yeahthat:
Same scenario...Almost 10 yo DS would be thrilled with all of the above as well. :)

Momof3Labs
01-09-2013, 02:55 AM
Definitely don't skip him. My 10yo still loves party favors!

L'sMommy
01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Thanks all. I'll try and find something for the 10 y/o. For the younger kids I'm including the following in the favors (my party has no theme this year):

Glowstick
4x6 spiral pad with matching pen
Thin camping-themed activity booklet with stickers
Glow in the dark springs (basically a glow in the dark plastic slinky)
Lollipops, or some kind of candy

brittone2
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
My almost 9 yo would still find the glowstick fun, and would use the paper and pen.