PDA

View Full Version : Help me figure this out... Amazon prime

Dream
01-09-2013, 11:59 AM
I had 2 years of prime and amazon mom through my account and DH's account. DD1 still wears jammies in the night, DD2 is in diapers and doesn't seem interested in using the potty at all.

I have subscribe and save thru DH's account for diapers and wipes and it says 5% discount. When I looked through my account it says if I set up sub&save with paid prime its 20% discounted. And the price seems about $10 lower.

Does anyone know whether you get 20% of compared to 5% if you have paid prime? I'm thinking if I'm saving about $10 on each box of diapers that pays for prime itself. 2 day shipping would be a bonus. It actually might be worth it for me to pay for prime.

Another thing I've noted is you no longer can get an extra shipment in between your expected sub&save shipping date. Is this different if you have paid prime?

mommylamb
01-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Yes, diapers with paid prime and S&S are 20% off, but only 5% off if it's just with S&S. But the S&S shipment day is the same day of the month for everything, which is a PITA if you need something ASAP.

wendibird22
01-09-2013, 12:28 PM
If you do the S&S you don't get 2 day shipping on the S&S items, just your scheduled delivery date. And nope, you can't get an extra delivery, only change your regular delivery date to an earlier day of the month if you catch it early enough. I just needed to do an extra shipment of pull ups and I couldn't move up my delivery date soon enough so I just did a regular ole purchase but they had a coupon and it was only like $1 more than the S&S and because I have prime and it wasn't S&S it arrive in 2 days. Now that it's only DD2's pull ups that I'm getting via S&S, it's almost no longer worth it and to just use my standard Prime and order a shipment when I need it. I'm not saving that much extra by doing S&S.

Dream
01-09-2013, 12:38 PM
So even if you have prime you don't get S&S items 2nd day?

wendibird22
01-09-2013, 03:20 PM
So even if you have prime you don't get S&S items 2nd day?

Correct. Prime and S&S are separate. It used to not be that way but they changed it maybe 18mo ago. When you do S&S they assign you a shipping date and all of your S&S items get shipped the same date. You could sign up for S&S today at get assigned the 28th of the month as your ship date and you can only get your items monthly, EOM, every 4 mo, etc on the 28th of the month.

kellyd
01-09-2013, 04:12 PM
That depends on where you live in comparison to where your diapers come from and seems to be a luck thing. We're close enough to a shipment center that my diapers come in 2 days almost everytime. There's only been once since that changed that it was a 3 day wait.