PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Drug Store Mascara?

katydid1971
01-09-2013, 12:11 PM
I want to try something new in mascara, cheap is important because I do change it about every 6 months or so.
Thanks

wendibird22
01-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Cover Girl Professional All In One (blue tube). It's the only kind that doesn't end up as raccoon eyes making my dark circles look even darker. It also doesn't clump whatsoever. I would say this lengthens and defines. I feel it looks like very natural long lashes. I personally don't like many of the current mascara's that volumize, extreme length, etc. They always look fake, fuzzy, and not in keeping with the rest of my make up which is very subtle.

http://www.amazon.com/CoverGirl-Professional-Mascara-0-31-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B002VECJI4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1357748216&sr=8-4&keywords=cover+girl+professional+all+in+one+mascar a

minnie-zb
01-09-2013, 12:24 PM
I really like the Almay Get Up and Grow Lash mascara. It works! My lashes are not falling out like they were.

katerinasmom
01-09-2013, 12:30 PM
I find myself constantly reverting to Maybelline Full n Soft.
I try others only to go back. For me, it looks great, doesn't clump and doesn't flake off during the day as others do. My lashes are also not stiff as a board and look very natural.
For me it's an everyday look that I'm going for - not a glamorous smokey eye or anything. Just enough to bring out my eyes.

katydid1971
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Cover Girl Professional All In One (blue tube). It's the only kind that doesn't end up as raccoon eyes making my dark circles look even darker. It also doesn't clump whatsoever. I would say this lengthens and defines. I feel it looks like very natural long lashes. I personally don't like many of the current mascara's that volumize, extreme length, etc. They always look fake, fuzzy, and not in keeping with the rest of my make up which is very subtle.

http://www.amazon.com/CoverGirl-Professional-Mascara-0-31-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B002VECJI4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1357748216&sr=8-4&keywords=cover+girl+professional+all+in+one+mascar a

There was a $3 coupon bringing the price to less than $4 a tube. I went a head and ordered it.

If these don't work I'll look at the other recommendations also.

AnnieW625
01-09-2013, 12:46 PM
I used Cover Girl Super Thick Lash, but I am not sure they still make it. I have also used the L'Oreal Volumnious one that Eva Longoria advertises for, but for a few dollars more, $14 I like Clinique's High Impact Mascara.

Twoboos
01-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion, in the purple tube.

stinkyfeet
01-09-2013, 01:38 PM
I like maybelline full and soft too. I'll try other ones, but like pp, I usually come back to this one. I'd recommend changing yor mascara a little more often than 6 months--it tends to breed bacteria easily. The reason why I buy drugstore mascara is because you should discard it and replace with a new one regularly,

TwoBees
01-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Maybelline Full and Soft

infomama
01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Maybelline Full and Soft

:yeahthat:

clc053103
01-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Maybelline lash stilletto

fedoragirl
01-09-2013, 08:46 PM
L'oreal Voluminous but after reading the posts for Maybelline Full and Soft, I might buy that.

DrSally
01-09-2013, 11:02 PM
L'oreal Voluminous but after reading the posts for Maybelline Full and Soft, I might buy that.

I only wear waterproof thouh, b/ c I get smudges / raccoon eyes very easily.

sunshine873
01-10-2013, 05:17 AM

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:
I'm kind of passionate about my mascara, and I love this one. I even like their water resistant version...works at the pool and I still like the way it makes my lashes look!

boolady
01-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Loreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes-- the red and white tube. I love how it wears, doesn't flake, and comes off in big pieces with a warm washcloth, not as smears.

pastrygirl
01-10-2013, 10:19 AM
L'Oréal voluminous million lashes, in the gold tube.

strawberryswing
01-10-2013, 11:36 AM

I sometimes find it at Costco in a 3-pack.

Kindra178
01-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Loreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes-- the red and white tube. I love how it wears, doesn't flake, and comes off in big pieces with a warm washcloth, not as smears.

Love, love, love this. Best mascara ever.

ray7694
01-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Another vote for Lash Stiletto

bisous
01-10-2013, 01:23 PM
I've tried a few but keep coming back to L'Oreal Voluminous. I tried the beauty tubes. It is cool in lots of ways. I think it is good for length and I love the way it comes off in the evening. But it doesn't really do a lot to thicken up my thin, blonde eyelashes. Voluminous is much better for that. Maybe I'll try Full and Soft sometime. I'm also intrigued by department store mascara. If it is really better, it might be worth a couple of bucks. I'm still reeling from the sad loss of 2000 calorie mascara. I really loved that stuff!

AnnieW625
01-10-2013, 03:15 PM

I only wear waterproof thouh, b/ c I get smudges / raccoon eyes very easily.

I used to use Full N Soft waterproof on a regular basis and it was a pita to remove so if you have raccoon eyes then this is the one you want. I used it when I got married and it didn't budge. The Voluminous water proof is tough too.

DrSally
01-10-2013, 09:50 PM
I used to use Full N Soft waterproof on a regular basis and it was a pita to remove so if you have raccoon eyes then this is the one you want. I used it when I got married and it didn't budge. The Voluminous water proof is tough too.

Thanks! Mascara is pretty much the only makeup I replace on a regular basis. I just don't go through the other stuff enough.

okinawama
01-10-2013, 10:15 PM
My favorites are
Maybelline The falsies volume is my current favorite-purple tube. ( I read about this on so many beauty blogs/vlogs and I had to try it. For me, it's totally lived up to all the awesome reviews I read about it!)
Almay's Get up and Grow is a close second
Covergirl Lashblast is also another favorite that I go back to frequently

Blakes Mommy
01-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Another vote for Maybelline Full and Soft. I really liked the brown/black color, but, I think they discontinued it. I had a stash but, now I new a new tube and it only comes in very black which may be too dark for me for daytime. I wear contacts and love the waterproof formula since it doesn't flake or smudge. I don't have a problem removing since I use a cleanser that gets it off no problem. I love that it says what it does makes your lashes look full and soft!

oneontheway
01-11-2013, 03:54 PM
My absolute favorite is Lancome Definicils but I looking for a store brand alternative as well. Today I got the Cover Girl Lash Blast - 3 pack for $14.97. Hope I like it!