PDA

View Full Version : iPhone experts/techies - I need your help!

Momit
01-09-2013, 03:31 PM
WTH is wrong with the email on my phone? I have the iPhone 5 and Hotmail. I did recently upgrade iOS but didn't have this problem until yesterday.

First my phone kept reverting to older messages from Sunday. I would see all the newer ones, then they would disappear and the ones from Sunday would be there. I would get the same notifications for VIP messages about 15 times as it kept downloading the new messages then losing them.

I followed the steps provided by a few people in the Apple forums and all seemed to be well last night. But now today it just keeps saying "Cannot get mail. Connection to the server failed." On wifi and LTE. I deleted the mail account and re-added, then turned the phone off like some Apple forum people suggested but am still having the problem, but now all my emails are gone.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to fix it? Thanks!

khm
01-09-2013, 04:03 PM
I saw a couple friends on Facebook asking about hotmail issues. Sounds like it might be a plain hotmail outage.

Dream
01-10-2013, 11:46 AM
I did the upgrade too and use hotmail, haven't had any issues so far. I don't know how to fix your issue tho, sorry. But its probably something to do with your settings for hotmail.