PDA

View Full Version : Need restaurant suggestions for Atlanta/Alpharetta area

randomkid
01-10-2013, 01:35 AM
We are going to Alpharetta soon to visit DD's best friend who just moved there last summer (and the AG store, of course). Would like to know of a really good, kid friendly, reasonably priced place to eat close to Atlanta or Alpharetta. Also, any suggestions for a day in/near Atlanta? Sunday is the day we don't have plans. Have thought of Stone Mt, but need an alternate plan in case the weather is bad.

readyforever
01-10-2013, 02:21 AM
There are lots of very good, moderately priced restaurants at the moment my brain is just not capable of coming up with many that would be fun for kids. I'll add more as I think of them. The one that immediately came to mind is. Farm Burger: http://www.farmburger.net/

Activities: I definitely recommend the Georgia Aquarium and Fernbank Science museum.

swrc00
01-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Outside of the mall area there are a lot of typical restaurants like Chilis, Ruby Tuesdays, Bahama Breeze, Sweet Tomatoes, etc. We tend to eat at Jason's Deli when we are in that area. Nothing really special about it.

I highly recommend the aquarium and I also think the zoo is worth a vist. The children's museum is a good pick too.

NewMom2007
01-10-2013, 08:44 PM
I'd check yelp for restaurants in Alpharetta. As for Atlanta, there are lots - Osteria 832 for pasta/pizza, Mellow Mushroom for pizza, Doc Chey's for asian, and many more. You could check Open Table or Yelp for reviews and there are lots of lists if you search (then, we locals can give more specific reviews). Atlanta has lots of different neighborhoods with great local places - just depends what part you plan to be in.

For a free day, I'd go to the Zoo for something outside, Fernbank or the Aquarium for something inside. Botanical Gardens are nice for outside, too.

Have fun!