PDA

View Full Version : Honest Co. Diapers on Zulily $13.95/pk - your thoughts?

krobbin
01-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I use Naty Nature Babycare diapers currently, but I am getting tired of the inconsistencies in quality control with them. I do cloth diaper as well, but not all the time and so I try to use "biodegradable" disposables when I can.

I saw Zulily had Honest Co. diapers for $13.95/pk (# of diapers vary depending on size, i.e. size 2 had 42 and size 4 had 31 diapers). Has anyone out there used these, if so, what do you think? Is this a good deal?

If not, anyone have another recommendation for eco-friendly diapers? I don't like 7th Gen at all..

Thanks!!

daisymommy
01-10-2013, 11:26 AM
I didn't like them. They were not very absorbent, and rough, scratchy. I didn't even use up the samples they sent me. I prefer Earths Best and 7th Gen. as far as natural diapers go.

mmommy
01-10-2013, 03:00 PM
I used some size 1 that a neighbor gave me when DD2 was a newborn. I really liked them. I found them to be soft and absorbent. My neighbor was getting rid of them because they kept having blowouts, but we didn't have any at all. I think, like most diapers, it depends on the shape of your kiddo.

marymoo86
01-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Earth's Best work very well for us. In a pinch, WF 365 brand is also okay but DD isn't a heavy wetter and doesn't tend to have blowouts.

krobbin
01-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the responses, I ended up passing on the offer. I did try Earth's Best, it was pretty good, but I liked Nature Babycare better (they were a better fit for my girl).

edoudera
01-10-2013, 10:34 PM
I actually really like 7th generation, but I also like Nurtured by Nature. You might try those? I thought earth's best were very stiff.

Amy G
01-10-2013, 10:47 PM
I love the diapers! However, this is not a deal because the price is always $13.95! The only difference is the cost of shipping.

amatahrain
01-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Hopefully I am allowed to post this link (I am not affiliated with this site)...
http://hip2save.com/2013/01/11/the-honest-company-hot-free-personal-care-baby-bundle-trial-kit-just-2-98-each-shipped-3/

You can try several Honest Baby items, including diapers for $2.98 shipped.

ssand23
01-12-2013, 03:12 PM
I recently bought a pack of the Honest company training pants (their version of pull ups). They ran really small and when I contacted the company, they admitted that they have had a lot of complaints from customers that their diapers & training pants run small.

I also ordered one of their packages of the products for home and bath. I canceled it after just 1 month. I did like the laundry detergent and the oxy clean packs for the laundry but you can't order more than 1 of the same item and with shipping, it's not worth it to just order those separately. The hand sanitizer was awful. My whole family thought I played a bad joke on them and put soap on the table in a bottle that said sanitizer. The smell was so bad I had an allergic reaction and had to take benedryl. The children's bubble bath was so harsh on the skin that I had to get a prescription cream for my son's bottom. It is just a super strong citrus scent that is murder on the skin. I'd highly NOT recommend it. Many of the products have nuts in them so they are not safe for those with allergies. They are just not allergy or sensitive skin friendly products at all. The scents are very strong. They are best for adults with tough skin.

I have used the Seventh Generation diapers & training pants in the past & like them overall. Right now we use the Flip training covers and Flip disposable inserts for preschool and I like those best.

photo_shell
01-12-2013, 03:35 PM
I like them ok for during the day, but not at all overnight. Leaked!