PDA

View Full Version : recommend your multi-vitamin

Percycat
01-10-2013, 12:24 PM
My mom insists I should be taking a multi-vitamin. I haven't because we generally eat a balanced diet and I don't know that multi-vitamins really make a difference.

Well, I am tired a lot and tired of hearing my mom tell me I need to take a vitamin, so I would like to give one a try to see if it makes a difference. I currently take synthroid (which is the correct dose for my hypothyroid issues) and 1000 mg of vitamin D3.

Thanks!

wendibird22
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't take a multi. I take 2000mg D3, 500mg magnesium (helps reduce headaches for me) and once a week I take B12 (though I started with a daily dose and then backed off). I needed the higher D3 and the daily B12 to improve my fatigue.

mommylamb
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm still taking pre-natal vitamins (Nature Made Pre Natal Multi plus DHA), even though I'm done breastfeeding because I still have more left. And, I'm considering keeping with pre-natals just because I can use my FSA to buy them, and you can't for regular multi vitamins.

Do they make a difference in how I feel? I have no idea. I just take them.

AnnieW625
01-10-2013, 12:41 PM
I need iron free vitamins because I have issues with constipation. I am currently taking Trader Joe's Men's Formula multi vitamins, and they are okay, but honestly I much prefer Rainbow Light's Just Once Iron Free Multi. I just feel better when I take them.

I also take 2,000 of D3x3 (6,000 total) daily (sometimes I will take 4 pills if I feel really sluggish). I am currently taking the Costco ones, but I don't think they work as well as Carlson's 2,000 so I am getting ready to reorder those.

I take B12 from Nature's Bounty (I get them from Costco), 1 x daily

I also take 400 mg. of Nature Made Magnesium, x2 (this helps greatly with the constipation as well; I get this at Costco as well)

When I remember I take Align.

When I remember I do cod liver oil, but honestly I am bad about taking it.

I take Caltrate calcium 2 pills per day

lizzywednesday
01-10-2013, 12:47 PM
I take Trader Joe's Women's once-daily or Prenatal formula vitamins, depending on which I'm in the mood to deal with. There's not much difference between them - the prenatal adds probiotics & herbs.

However, we've all been ill lately, so I've been taking an immune-support gummi multi from One-a-Day. (Funny that they're called "One-A-Day" and you have to take 2 ... )

I prefer the TJ's as an everyday because I don't have to taste them.

I also take 3 1,000mg gelcaps of evening primrose oil daily during my period to help with cramps, which I feel helps. The worst thing that happens with that is my pee turns bright yellow, but folate will do that to your pee, too, so I'm not particularly concerned. I buy the Trader Joe's brand of those as well.

hillview
01-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I take New Chapter (organic. all green)Pre Natals -- I am not trying to get PG but it has iron and I need the iron.

ijopint
01-11-2013, 03:39 PM
I am still taking my prenatal vitamins upon recomendation of my OBY-GYN.
Check if it is cheaper to get the prenatal V through your insurance. Otherwise, Wholefoods has a wide selection of brand names Vitamins.