PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have experience with eyelash extensions?

boolady
01-10-2013, 03:28 PM
They're really not in the budget, but I was reading about them last night, and they intrigue me. The upkeep seems pretty pricey, which is why I'd probably never be able to do it, and I also read that they can damage your natural lashes. I just have such stubby lashes.

Just wondering if anyone here had any IRL feedback.

lovin2shop
01-10-2013, 03:57 PM
I tried it with a Groupon once for my HS reunion. I must say, my lashed looked amazing! However, I won't do it again. They did not stick very well on me, and at the refill after two weeks, they said I needed almost another whole set. They did charge me the lower refill price, but said that in the future I would have to pay the full set price if I lost that many. The fumes from the glue they used really burned my eyes, and on the refill I had them use a "sensitive" glue. Still, my eyes watered a ton, and I think that may be why they didn't stick. I did not find the ordeal particularly relaxing since they tape your eyes closed and it takes a fairly long time to glue them all on. Also, it was a bummer to have to buy their special eyeliner and mascara. I didn't have to wear mascara on a daily basis, but the set I had was pretty natural, so I wanted it for dress up occasions. Overall, I think they are way too high maintenance for my lifestyle, and the glue fumes were a concern to me. I can definitely see the appeal, but I'm out on the process and expense.

boolady
01-10-2013, 04:09 PM
I did not find the ordeal particularly relaxing since they tape your eyes closed and it takes a fairly long time to glue them all on.

And with that...I'm out. I had no idea. Thanks for the info. That's the stuff of more than one nightmare for me!

twowhat?
01-10-2013, 04:17 PM
OP, I feel your pain. I have horribly thin, short, straight eyelashes too. I can count the number of eyelashes I have on my bottom lid, there are SO few.

hellokitty
01-10-2013, 05:01 PM
OP, I feel your pain. I have horribly thin, short, straight eyelashes too. I can count the number of eyelashes I have on my bottom lid, there are SO few.

Add me onto the list. My mom has always lamented that I have the thinnest, fewest eyelashes that she's ever seen. However, after reading the description above about how its done, it sounds unpleasant enough that I will continue to live with my lame eyelashes.

queenmama
01-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I, too, have pathetic eyelashes. The quantity is okay, they're not too thin, but they're not very long and they will not hold a curl no matter what I try.

What about falsies? My hair stylist wears them on a regular basis and they're gorgeous. I just don't care enough to make that much effort. LOL

Lara