PDA

View Full Version : so in the midst of all the flu/virus/germ talk...

lmh2402
01-10-2013, 03:45 PM
my DS face planted into the potty at school today during pick up

:barf:

he was running through the room to go into the potty - they have a small bathroom without a door right inside their classroom. it's clean, but you know...it's a little kid bathroom. it's definitely not spotless. and there are many, many kids out of his class with various illnesses from flu, to stomach bugs to respiratory virus.

anyway, he was running. he tripped. banged into the door frame of the bathroom and ricochet off and face-first into the toilet

omg. horrifying.

he came up spluttering and said, "wow. that's a lot of water in there."

you can't make this kind of stuff up.

so...he refused a bath b/c "it's not night time!!" but i did sponge bathe him and put all his clothing (all soaked) into the wash.

but there's nothing else to do, right? i mean, that's the best i can do to try and "clean it up"...right?

so gross.

mytwosons
01-10-2013, 03:48 PM
he came up spluttering and said, "wow. that's a lot of water in there."

:ROTFLMAO: I'm sorry, but that is the cutest thing. Ever.

I think you've done all you can do...maybe make sure he is getting enough vitamin D, just in case. Fingers crossed he stays healthy!

AnnieW625
01-10-2013, 03:50 PM
he he, but IMHO as long as it was clean toilet water I wouldn't be too worried. I am sure the school bathrooms are cleaned more frequently than at my house.

Tondi G
01-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Oh no!!!! Blech!

Yeah that's really all you can do ... clean him up as well as you can. brush teeth, wash face and hands. I think I might have pushed to get my kid in the bath ... a good hot bath... shampoo the hair, clean him up really good.

I love his response "wow that's a lot of water in there!"

TwoBees
01-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Oooohhhh, I'm so sorry! Poor kid! At least he thought it was rather funny. Maybe add some extra zinc or vitamin c to his diet for a few days?

lmh2402
01-10-2013, 04:02 PM
ok, thanks.

just double checking with wiser mamas than me b/c i really was dreaming of a way to put him through the equivalent of a person car wash

oh well

fingers crossed. and yes, i will add some extra vitamins

wendibird22
01-10-2013, 04:47 PM
he he, but IMHO as long as it was clean toilet water I wouldn't be too worried. I am sure the school bathrooms are cleaned more frequently than at my house.

:yeahthat:

Sorry, I couldn't help but chuckle reading the post. But yeah, I would have been totally skeeved out. I think you've done all you can do.

Momit
01-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Oh, that is so funny and so horrifying at the same time!

Indianamom2
01-10-2013, 05:20 PM
His response is great. It's gross, I know (because my 3 year old has actually repeatedly played in/drunk from our toilet), but he'll be just fine.

;)

div_0305
01-10-2013, 05:28 PM
You're right! You can't make such stuff up! Good point about the water being clean.

jgenie
01-10-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm so sorry this happened. Here's hoping he doesn't get sick.

His response is too cute - definitely one for the memory book.

:ROTFLMAO:

StantonHyde
01-10-2013, 11:42 PM
ok, that was FUNNY. Just FYI--when I was in high school we did an experiment with swabbing for germs in various places--toilet seats, door handles, slnk handles etc. Toilet seats were the CLEANEST places compared to door handles. And he touches those all the time. Plus, remember that urine is sterile--peasants used to bathe in it. He'll be fine :ROTFLMAO:

lmh2402
01-11-2013, 10:42 PM
thanks, guys

just as an *update,* i didn't do his bath last night b/c i was dealing with DD's screaming.

so i was horrified tonight when he got in the tub and i saw the awful swollen bruises he has on both knees. our au pair said in the craziness she forgot to tell me about the bruises, but they were there last night too

realized how incredibly lucky we are. he really, really fell so hard. and the whole bathroom is unforgiving tile. it's amazing he didn't break or really bruise his face.

whew. so he's clean. he's not seriously injured. and just hoping he doesn't get sick.

SummerBaby
01-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Glad to hear he's not sick! That would totally gross me out too. My DD licked a handrail at Penn Station when she was 4 years old and lived to tell about it (it took 10 years off my life though!) so he may just be fine!