PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED -Has anyone seen How To Train Your Dragon yet?

mom2one
01-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Update: We went to the show on Saturday. The place was packed, I would say 90% sold. My DS loved it and we, his parents, thought it was pretty cool. No technical problems at our showing. I would recommend going if you can.

Our tickets are for January 19th. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten to see it yet and what you thought. If it wasn't for this awesome board, I would not have known about it.

Here is the link--
Www.dreamworksdragom.com

wendmatt
01-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Gosh, so jealous. We checked the website everyday back in October last year to see if they would put dates on in TX, but to no avail.....DD wanted us to fly to somewhere to see it! Report back and tell us all about it, I bet it'll be awesome

arivecchi
01-10-2013, 07:42 PM
We saw it. The kids loved it. I thought it was ok. I was glad that I cheaped out and did not get super pricey seats because half of the venue was empty and we simply moved to better seats.

wendmatt
01-10-2013, 07:43 PM
interesting that it was empty, I guess that's why they are not putting on more shows, good for you, bummer for us!

Kymberley
01-10-2013, 07:44 PM
DS would flip out over this!

jenfromnj
01-10-2013, 08:17 PM
We saw it in September--DS loved it. He sat still for the entire performance (a total rarity for him), and still talks about it. DH and I thought the show was fine, but we had a great time since DS enjoyed it so much.

ETA: For anyone who is thinking of buying tickets, we got ours on our local Gilt City--all the performances in our area had half price tickets there.

sariana
01-10-2013, 09:17 PM
I saw ticket packages at Costco for the SoCal performances. If I had known about it sooner, I would have given it to DS for Christmas.

Tondi G
01-11-2013, 01:31 AM
I saw ticket packages at Costco for the SoCal performances. If I had known about it sooner, I would have given it to DS for Christmas.

REALLY? I wonder if our Costco has them. My DH saw a commercial and said he would love to take our boys. I will call our area Costco's in the morning and see.

sariana
01-11-2013, 01:49 AM
I saw them at Laguna Niguel (Cabot Rd). It is one of the smaller warehouses, I think. Irvine has a much bigger selection of gift cards and such, for example. So do try different locations.

HannaAddict
01-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Saw it at Tacoma Dome and pretty full we had super awesome seats but even much further back were good. Kids liked it a lot though liked walking with the dinosaurs even better.

Twoboos
01-11-2013, 09:21 AM
We went and like it. We got the seats through Living Social (or something like that) and they were nosebleed, even though the place was half empty. Being up high was good though, you could see the dragons fly. ;)

The kids loved it and are now obsessed with the show on Cartoon Network. (But I have to say CN totally makes me cringe - the ads! UGH!)

sewarsh
01-11-2013, 03:08 PM
We saw it and it was AWESOME!! We moved all the way up to the front since it was pretty empty. They stopped it once for technical diffficulties but it was about 10 minutes, not too bad. Just be prepared because i read they have technical difficulties often.

mom2one
01-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Bumping to show update. :applause: