PDA

View Full Version : What didn't you get but wish you had??

kochh2
01-10-2013, 10:06 PM
I have Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket ....I always always just deposit it and it goesmtowards bills, or something.m for once, I want to do something for me, since it was given to me. :) I was considering a fitbit one, but thinking since I don't just walk for exercise, or just run...it might not work for me. Apparently that's the main tracking it does....not the freakin p90x or anything else malign that line.....so, if you had a spare hundredortwo, what would you spend it on for you????

SnuggleBuggles
01-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Dh bought me a purse but it was the exact opposite of what I wanted. So, I'd buy a great purse.

newg
01-10-2013, 10:27 PM
There were some specific clothes that I really wanted........a little more than I would spend on myself to just go right out and buy, since I don't "need" them......but they would have been nice to recieve as gifts :)

crl
01-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Kind of boring, but I usually replace all my eye make-up at Christmas and use that to stuff my stocking. It reduces my guilt about spending $$ on vanity. I ran out of time to do that this year.

Catherine

pastrygirl
01-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Gel manicure kit and/or bluetooth speaker.

MelissaTC
01-10-2013, 10:46 PM
A new crockpot but I bought it for myself last week.

LD92599
01-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Boots and clothes that aren't needs but wants. Scour nordstrom rack to stretch it further!

DietCokeLover
01-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Some new shoes to do Zumba in. My old ones are worn down in the ball of my foot area from all the spins, slides, etc

rin
01-10-2013, 11:18 PM
New boots! I'm updating my wardrobe (donated 4 paper grocery bags of clothes from high school & college that I haven't worn in ages, and realized I have basically no clothing), and have decided that I want to own and wear things that make me feel good.

Maybe some fun kitchen stuff, like a silpat sheet or a pastry bag to do cake decorating & make cute birthday cakes.

Or maybe I'd go buy myself some awesome beautiful rosebush or some other cool flowering/fruiting shrub for my yard.

sdoyle
01-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Clairsonic Mia! That's what I bought with mine :)

Stacy

ahisma
01-10-2013, 11:51 PM
I bought myself a worm composter.:ROTFLMAO:

I love that thing!

wifecat
01-11-2013, 01:40 AM
I didn't get Newton running shoes. So I bought myself some.

I didn't get running gloves, which I desperately needed. They have now arrived, too.

I didn't get a grown up kickboard usa scooter to scoot along with my kids. I know, it's silly. But I want one. Someday.

ahisma
01-11-2013, 01:47 AM
I didn't get a grown up kickboard usa scooter to scoot along with my kids. I know, it's silly. But I want one. Someday.

Not silly - do it! We got a great deal last year from Barnes and Noble - not sure why they had adult kickboards, but they did. We have a blast. Best thing ever, really!

ellies mom
01-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Well, the dream item on every list is a new sewing machine. But that isn't going to happen. Sigh...

I had two pair of Danskos on my list that didn't make it under the tree. I haven't bought myself a pair yet though.

There was a silly sewing aid I wanted that didn't show up (but the new gingher scissors did!!). I went to the store to pick one up because I became obsessed with having one but they had closed early. Then I found another on sale for half off later on that evening. Yay!!

citymama
01-11-2013, 03:02 AM
I didn't get any presents other than a pair of earrings from MIL and a necklace from a colleague. Knowing that would happen, I bought myself a nice pair of Dansko leather boots and some new threads from Boden. ;)

I also need a new iPhone but that's gone from "would be nice" to a necessity since my old phone is not long for this world....

brittone2
01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
ILs usually give us a chunk of cash to spend on ourselves. I take forever to decide because well, thinking about it is half the fun for me.

Here's my list:
-Premium denim-I had lots of Nordstrom GCs last year and now that I'm post-babies, etc. I finally got myself some nice jeans a few months ago. It took me forever to find what I wanted though. I might pick up a 2nd pair so I can hem one for flats and one for heels.
-I always enjoy a good trip to Sephora. Going to get this with a GC I think, but want to see if I can snag a sample first: http://www.sephora.com/active-cell-renewal-night-serum-P301604
-Nice purse (on my mind as I need to replace mine. I have several Macy's GCs from my bday and Christmas and will probably buy a new bag with them)
-Frye boots
-a nice coat is nearly always worth the $$ since it can elevate any outfit I think.
-books

(eta: this year DH and I decided to each take a chunk of our money and get new curtains for our MBR. Worst room in our house, as we haven't really tweaked it from PO's paint, etc. yet, and it needs some help. So we bought curtains, and I think I found a new duvet that I like. Kind of lame-o, but it is something nice for both of us. )

marie
01-11-2013, 08:56 AM
There was a silly sewing aid I wanted that didn't show up (but the new gingher scissors did!!). I went to the store to pick one up because I became obsessed with having one but they had closed early. Then I found another on sale for half off later on that evening. Yay!!

wellllll, what is it?!? Inquiring sewing minds want to know! :D

TwinFoxes
01-11-2013, 09:04 AM
I wanted a Breville Smart Oven. I got an iPad mini instead...but I still want that oven!

BeachBum
01-11-2013, 09:21 AM
I wanted a jawbone jam box so I went out and bought it this week. It's supposed to be 75 and sunny today so I'm taking it to the beach :)

http://www.amazon.com/Jawbone-JAMBOX-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B0061JPXLU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357910405&sr=8-2&keywords=jawbone+big+jambox

Twoboos
01-11-2013, 09:27 AM
I wanted Ugg gloves and I got them. Complete with a rip in the seam! For $160, these things should outlive ME. When I went to exchange them, the Nordstrom's girl said she gets them back all the time for this problem. Not rebuying. So technically, I did not get those.

I wanted the Athleta Bettona pant. But DH got me a Kindle Paperwhite instead (almost the same?!). Since the gloves went back, Bettonas are stepping up. ;)

DrSally
01-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Purse, clothes, makeup, perfume, watch shoes, jewlery.

c&j04
01-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Materials to build an awesome sewing/crafting table. Got the paint last night, supplies today:yay:

ellies mom
01-11-2013, 12:02 PM
wellllll, what is it?!? Inquiring sewing minds want to know! :D

Oh, it was just a metal magnetic pin bowl (http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Dritz-Longarm-Magnetic-Pin-Bowl/7299339/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&ef_id=UMjr1gAAHSMAjt3E:20130111155259:s). I always kept my pins in a little box but I took a class and they had the plastic magnetic pin boxes and I liked them. But then I saw the metal dish and really liked how it look so I decided I wanted that instead. I put 3-4 sewing things on the list from that store and I got some of the others but not that. Man, that magnet is strong. It actually sticks to my sewing table as well as holding the pins. It even sticks to my cutting table and I didn't even know there was metal in the top (ikea table top on "sawhorse" legs). It ended up costing $6.

Gracemom
01-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Ninja blender for making smoothies. I'm looking for a good deal on one.

infomama
01-11-2013, 02:57 PM
I would love another pair of Blomdahl earrings. I have a severe metal allergy and they are the only earrings (I've tried them all) I can wear with zero irritation/redness/itching. They are a miracle. http://blomdahlusa.stores.yahoo.net/becrhetoor.html

infomama
01-11-2013, 02:58 PM
I wanted a Breville Smart Oven. I got an iPad mini instead...but I still want that oven!

Go and get that oven with your next BBB coupon. I use it everyday....I seriously love it.