PDA

View Full Version : Having your house hermetically sealed?

ha98ed14
01-11-2013, 03:09 PM
There is a major infrastructure project scheduled to be done within a half mile of my house. They will be putting in a new road and sewer lines. It is scheduled to take 2 years, which means it will take 3+.

I am concerned about the dust from the grading of the road. There will be significant earth moving needed. I am also concerned about the diesel emissions from the construction equipment. I know from the type of work I do that DPM (diesel particulate matter) from diesel powered trucks and construction equipment is very, very toxic. I can't move my house. Can I get it hermetically sealed? Obviously we still have to open the door to go in and out; but is there anything I can do to cut down on the amount that will get into my house?

AnnieW625
01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
No idea about getting your house sealed, but DH's job is go out and investigate trucks and construction equipment to make sure that it meets the ARB's stringent standards for air quality. If someone reports something ESP. in SoCal DH or someone in his group is bound to go out and look at it. If you want to email me that info. I can always pass it onto him as well. Both construction and regular trucks must have proper registration information.

This website should help if you feel there are too many dirty trucks/equipment out there once the project starts.
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/truckstop/truckstop.htm