PDA

View Full Version : Any deals on area rugs?

sf333
01-11-2013, 03:56 PM
I need a few area rugs...any ideas of where to go for a good deal?

crl
01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
We ended up ordering Flor tiles, but you might check Overstock. I have seen it recommended often for good buys on area rugs.

Catherine

poppy
01-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Costco is having a sale until the end of this month (I believe) on area rugs. Not positive about time frame of this sale.
We bought one for MIL online and had it shipped. Shipping is free with purchase. It was $200 and the discount was $40 off.

Babymakes3
01-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Rugsusa.com is always having a sale and has great coupon codes!

sf333
01-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Costco is having a sale until the end of this month (I believe) on area rugs. Not positive about time frame of this sale.
We bought one for MIL online and had it shipped. Shipping is free with purchase. It was $200 and the discount was $40 off.

I'm assuming you need a membership to order online, is this correct? Unfortunately, the nearest Costco is over an hour away so we don't belong. I would LOVE it if there was a closer one.

Rugsusa.com is always having a sale and has great coupon codes!

Have you ever ordered from them? I ask because if you google them, there are tons of negative reviews.

iowavb
01-12-2013, 10:00 AM
We ended up ordering Flor tiles, but you might check Overstock. I have seen it recommended often for good buys on area rugs.

Catherine

I second the Overstock suggestion! I have one that I LOVE from there (but I also have one thats just eh.)

amandabea
01-12-2013, 10:28 AM

Catherine

:yeahthat: to both of these suggestions. Our living room area rug is from Overstock and it is very nice and was far less $ than it otherwise would have been. We also have Flor tile area rugs in the kitchen, dining room, bar/counter, and entryway mat. I love them!

Babymakes3
01-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Have you ever ordered from them? I ask because if you google them, there are tons of negative reviews.

Yes I have! I was happy with my rug, the shipping time took kind of a while bc just about the time I had decided i'd better contact them about it it showed up at my door.

elbenn
01-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Overstock has lots of options. Also, anthropologie has a few area rugs on sale right now for 75% off.

poppy
01-13-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm assuming you need a membership to order online, is this correct? Unfortunately, the nearest Costco is over an hour away so we don't belong. I would LOVE it if there was a closer one.

Yes, you do need a Costco membership. If you do go there, sometimes they will let you do a one day free trial or if you pay in cash, just let you buy it. I would call ahead though. I would look on their site to make sure they have the size and design you like. I've also seen some at IKEA but not sure on quality.