PDA

View Full Version : The number of things that come into my house courtesy of other people! (Add yours!!!)

ha98ed14
01-12-2013, 02:00 PM
That I am responsible for sorting through...

The school fliers, a folder of them every week!

Junk mail that must be sorted through in order to find the cc bills.

Random dollar store cr@p shipped across the country via UPS from my guilt ridden mother who hasn't seen DD in going on 2 years and is living only on SSI. Bc it makes so much sense to spend $10 to ship 2 items from the dollar store or bin at Target when I have both of those stores here. And then DH let's DD open them straight away before I have a chance to donate. Now they are staying because who can give away a child's gift from their grandmother?!?

The artwork and returned homework papers from school.

The hand me downs from DH's spinster great aunt who cannot bear to throw anything away! Including half used body wash and the matching lotion and gift tags from presents she received.

DH's finds at GW or the side of the road (those stay in the garage, but still!)

Feel free to add yours!

wendibird22
01-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Oh the mounds of junk mail and kids school papers. DH just dumps it all on the dining room table or kitchen counter. I hate that. I sort and trash/recycle immediately cause there's just so much of it.

hbridge
01-12-2013, 05:56 PM
The stuff from family members who are cleaning out and think that we "need" whatever it is since we are the only kids in our generation who have a house and live close by.

We do NOT want anyone else's stuff and they are always hurt when we say "no"....

crl
01-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Dh's work stuff: pens, papers, etc. I can't recycle the papers because I have no idea if he still needs it; plus he's an attorney so there are confidentiality requirements and we don't have a shredder. I have been known to box it up and put it in his car. It's pretty much the only way to get it out of my house.

Catherine

maydaymommy
01-12-2013, 09:31 PM
The kids' magazines that MIL endlessly subscribes to for us --
Ranger Rick, Big Backyard, Click, Animal Babies, Ladybug, Nat'l Geographic Kids, Highlights, you name it.

I feel badly complaining about them. She just gets us so many that it's overwhelming & they are not enjoyed. I'm bringing a big bag into DS1's K teacher to see if she would like them.

elephantmeg
01-12-2013, 09:40 PM
from my parents (who visit every month or two)
2 boxes of eye drops
3 specialty pillows
5 bottles of hand lotion
2 flash lights
a travel alarm clock
a RADIO
deoderant
2 nasty blankets
sheets (I had sheets!!!)
3 towels (I had towels they just didn't like asking for them!)
A+D ointment
and this is the stuff they leave on purpose-not the laptop, prescription eye drops and jewelry that they have left by accident. Or the purse they realized they didn't have until they were an hour away.

and of course school papers x2... sigh

hellokitty
01-12-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm too tired to add onto the lists, but all of the above! I am sick of it and to make things worse, dh is just as irresponsible as the kids, leaving his crap lying around. I am mad, b/c in the past week, we've been through several instances where he couldn't find his stuff, and it's b/c he NEVER put anything away. It's always floating around, irritating me and then I get pissed and throw it on his desk, which looks like a big junk pile and then he can't even find things on his own desk.

inmypjs
01-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Old electronic junk that doesn't work, for DS, from my Dad and FIL. Yes DS may love them but we are not an electronics graveyard!

glbb35
01-13-2013, 08:57 PM
I am pretty much responsible for it all. My office becomes the dumping ground all the time it is beyond frustrating. No sooner than I get it cleaned then something gets handed to me. Augh! Then DH says something like "so when are going to clean your office?" really? really?? I unpack all the kids backpacks and the preschoolers have just as much as th folder boys. There is so much to keep tabs with!

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 11

maydaymommy
01-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Old electronic junk that doesn't work, for DS, from my Dad and FIL. Yes DS may love them but we are not an electronics graveyard!

Uuuggghhhhh I could have written that!