PDA

View Full Version : Mini Kick Scooters for $51

elbenn
01-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Kickboard USA has mini-kick scooters on their clearance section for $51 in blue and pink. Free shipping on all orders.

http://www.kickboardusa.com/clearance

wifecat
01-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Thank you thank you! I picked up the chrome sprite for me for $40 shipped! I've wanted one of these for a long time.

wellyes
01-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Damn, missed the $40 for grownups deal. Not sure if I want to get my kids scooters if I don't have a way to keep up with them.

hellokitty
01-12-2013, 10:06 PM
I would have been interested in the $40 adult one too! Too bad it's gone. So, for those who have tried razor and the kick brand, what is the difference. They look so similar to the razors my older boys have. DS3 is almost ready for a two wheeler, and I was thinking about getting another razor, but I'm wondering why ppl like the kick so much better.

elbenn
01-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Damn, missed the $40 for grownups deal. Not sure if I want to get my kids scooters if I don't have a way to keep up with them.

That Target NM bike is still available.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Best buy ever! And I love my adult Kick!

ahisma
01-12-2013, 11:26 PM
I would have been interested in the $40 adult one too! Too bad it's gone. So, for those who have tried razor and the kick brand, what is the difference. They look so similar to the razors my older boys have. DS3 is almost ready for a two wheeler, and I was thinking about getting another razor, but I'm wondering why ppl like the kick so much better.

It's like an Oster vs. a Vitamix. The Razor is a good scooter. I don't have an adult one, but we do have two kid ones. We actually bought them in addition to the Maxi Kicks because we needed something that folded easily for travel, and that we weren't worried about losing on the subway,etc.

The Kicks are awesome. Our boys have them, DH and I have adult ones (Monster Bullet). You can carve. We go down hills, fast. They're awesome.

You don't *need* one, but it's really, really fun.

Gracemom
01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Sellout Woot has an adult size Razor for $40. http://sellout.woot.com/

Dream
01-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Wish they had deals on the maxi. It's going to be hard having 2 kids share the mini we have this summer.

amandabea
01-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Wish they had deals on the maxi. It's going to be hard having 2 kids share the mini we have this summer.

They do! There is a pink one and a purple one for $81. My DD got a pink maxi for Christmas and I wish I would have looked at the clearance page. I also got the compact one for myself the week after Christmas and paid a lot more than $102, which is how much the clearance one is.

elbenn
01-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Has anyone tried the pilot stick maxi scooter? They have those on the clearance page. They make it seem like the pilot offers more maneuverability than the t-bar, but I'm guessing the t-bar is easier to use.

Wifecat, please update when you get your scooter and let us know how you like it!

Also, for anyone looking at the maxis, the coupon code "toobigformini" still works and takes off 20%.

wifecat
01-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Wifecat, please update when you get your scooter and let us know how you like it!

I will! I'm super excited...it's the chrome sprite. I decided for $40 I didn't care what model I got. The other sprites were $60 ($61?) so maybe this one is more beat up than those or something. I'm ok with that - the pictures didn't look like it was in poor condition or anything.

junebaby07
01-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Does anyone have a link to the clearance items? They aren't showing up for me on the mobile site - I'd love to get one girls maxi and one mini!

Dream
01-13-2013, 12:21 PM
They do! There is a pink one and a purple one for $81. My DD got a pink maxi for Christmas and I wish I would have looked at the clearance page. I also got the compact one for myself the week after Christmas and paid a lot more than $102, which is how much the clearance one is.

Thank you, it's without the t-bar, do I have to buy them separately?

div_0305
01-13-2013, 12:44 PM
I posted earlier in the week re: mini v. maxi for my DD's 3d bday. I decided to buy 2 maxis this past week from the clearance page and a white kick for my tall husband per the recommendation from their customer service. Found the white kick listed on clearance page 2 days after buying the maxis. Glad I was so indecisive about spending that much $$ at once, and found the adult kick on clearance. CS said the spirit was more for teens, but maybe okay for smaller adults? Read the description for the white kick (same model in black too). There were no minis when I bought the maxis. The next day there were loads of minis. I bought DS (7.5) the maxi with pilot stick based on recommendation from same CS person. At first DS was annoyed and told me it's hard to use. As soon as he got it outside though, he exclaimed, "This rocks!"

Dream
01-13-2013, 12:54 PM
I posted earlier in the week re: mini v. maxi for my DD's 3d bday. I decided to buy 2 maxis this past week from the clearance page and a white kick for my tall husband per the recommendation from their customer service. Found the white kick listed on clearance page 2 days after buying the maxis. Glad I was so indecisive about spending that much $$ at once, and found the adult kick on clearance. CS said the spirit was more for teens, but maybe okay for smaller adults? Read the description for the white kick (same model in black too). There were no minis when I bought the maxis. The next day there were loads of minis. I bought DS (7.5) the maxi with pilot stick based on recommendation from same CS person. At first DS was annoyed and told me it's hard to use. As soon as he got it outside though, he exclaimed, "This rocks!"

hmm if your 7.5 old found the Maxi hard to use, I don't think it'll work for my 4 yr old DD. She loves the Mini and I was thinking of passing it down to DD2 who's going to be 2.5 this summer. She was already trying it last summer and this summer they might fight over it. But maybe I'll be better off getting another mini.

mshen
01-13-2013, 01:02 PM
I think her son was complaining about the pilot stick at first, but then found it to be "rocking"! At least that's how I read it. :)

div_0305
01-13-2013, 01:03 PM
I think her son was complaining about the pilot stick at first, but then found it to be "rocking"! At least that's how I read it. :)

:yeahthat: That's exactly what I meant, and I'm so glad I didn't get a mini for DD age 3.

wellyes
01-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Also, for anyone looking at the maxis, the coupon code "toobigformini" still works and takes off 20%.

Did not work for me, says "This coupon code is not valid for any product currently in your cart" for the pink maxi pilot.

elbenn
01-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Did not work for me, says "This coupon code is not valid for any product currently in your cart" for the pink maxi pilot.

Is that a clearance item? It probably doesn't work on clearance items, but it should work on regular items.

Dream
01-13-2013, 01:49 PM
:yeahthat: That's exactly what I meant, and I'm so glad I didn't get a mini for DD age 3.

Your 3 yr old can manuver the maxi without any difficulties?

And do I need to buy the handle separate?

jgenie
01-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Sellout Woot has an adult size Razor for $40. http://sellout.woot.com/

I'm not seeing this. Link please??

wellyes
01-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Sellout woot = once it's sold out there is a new item offered.

citymama
01-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Looks like the mini Kick deal is now dead? I would have loved one for my DD2s third birthday.

jgenie
01-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Sellout woot = once it's sold out there is a new item offered.

Thanks!!

elbenn
01-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Looks like the mini Kick deal is now dead? I would have loved one for my DD2s third birthday.

There's still a pink one on the clearance page. Blue is sold out.

http://www.kickboardusa.com/clearance

elbenn
01-13-2013, 03:12 PM

If you buy the clearance pilot maxi and want a t-bar, then you need to buy the handle separately. The t-bar handle is $25, so the clearance pilot maxi ($81) and t-bar come out to $106. With the coupon "too big for mini", you can get a new maxi scooter for $108, but of course, you won't get both the pilot stick and the t-bar.

It looks like the t-bar and pilot stick are interchangeable. Here's a link to the pilot stick on clearance and they mention that they are easily interchangeable.

http://www.kickboardusa.com/clearance-purple-maxi-pilot-stick-handlebar-only

BabyH
01-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Those of you shopping for the mini kicks, continue to look at the clearance page. I got DS a mini kick from there for $35 before Xmas. It was in perfect condition. And they go so fast, twelve hours before I bought his there were three available, and when I went back on to get his it was the only one left.

ourbabygirl
01-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Wish I would have known/ thought about the clearance page before buying one for DD! FWIW, she's a tall 4 year old and has been riding a Maxi since right before she turned 4 last fall. It took her about a day to figure it out, but she loves it now. We got her younger brother a Mini but he's of course short for his age... hoping he can figure it out this spring, though. All the cousins (ages 4 and 6) got Maxis and the 2 year old cousins got Minis, and I know at least the older kids love the Maxis, and the boy 2 year old likes his Mini, too. :)

Dream
01-13-2013, 04:45 PM
If you buy the clearance pilot maxi and want a t-bar, then you need to buy the handle separately. The t-bar handle is $25, so the clearance pilot maxi ($81) and t-bar come out to $106. With the coupon "too big for mini", you can get a new maxi scooter for $108, but of course, you won't get both the pilot stick and the t-bar.

It looks like the t-bar and pilot stick are interchangeable. Here's a link to the pilot stick on clearance and they mention that they are easily interchangeable.

http://www.kickboardusa.com/clearance-purple-maxi-pilot-stick-handlebar-only

What's special about the pilot stick? Doesn't the new maxis come with the pilot stick?

wifecat
01-13-2013, 04:46 PM
My two year old (who is small) rides the maxi without difficulty. The mini might end up getting sold because no one is interested once the maxi arrived. It just feels so much sturdier.

I hope the sprite works out for me. I am a small adult, and suppose I might even be considered teen size. The weight limit is 220 and I'm almost 100lbs less, but now I'm worried! Hope it works out. I won't let 6'1" dh ride it! Fro $40 if it doesn't work for me, one of the kids can inherit it when we sell the mini!

div_0305
01-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Your 3 yr old can manuver the maxi without any difficulties?

Yes! My 3 yr old maneuvers just fine! I think someone answered above that you don't have to buy the handle separate, unless you are getting a pilot stick handled maxi. The T-bar is best for my 3 yr old--- she tried big brother's pilot stick out of curiosity and quickly went back to the T-bar. The bars are interchangeable, so later on you could get the pilot handle. I love how durable these are compared to DS' Razor kick. No comparison!

div_0305
01-13-2013, 09:44 PM
My two year old (who is small) rides the maxi without difficulty. The mini might end up getting sold because no one is interested once the maxi arrived. It just feels so much sturdier.

I hope the sprite works out for me. I am a small adult, and suppose I might even be considered teen size. The weight limit is 220 and I'm almost 100lbs less, but now I'm worried! Hope it works out. I won't let 6'1" dh ride it! Fro $40 if it doesn't work for me, one of the kids can inherit it when we sell the mini!

I think you'll be fine with the Sprite then. I almost bought it at that price for me last week, but decided not to after speaking with CS. I'm not close to teen size :).

div_0305
01-13-2013, 09:45 PM

Keep checking back! They added the minis the day after I bought my maxis, and they were on the site until the OP's post got the ball rolling!

Dream
01-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Yes! My 3 yr old maneuvers just fine! I think someone answered above that you don't have to buy the handle separate, unless you are getting a pilot stick handled maxi. The T-bar is best for my 3 yr old--- she tried big brother's pilot stick out of curiosity and quickly went back to the T-bar. The bars are interchangeable, so later on you could get the pilot handle. I love how durable these are compared to DS' Razor kick. No comparison!

Now I get it, pilot stick is totally different to the ones with the t-bar. So I'm going to hold off till I find a good deal on a maxi.

amandabea
01-13-2013, 11:21 PM
So I took my Kickboard Compact T-bar out today with DD and her friend and I had a blast!!! So glad I got it...though I wish I had checked the clearance page to save $$.

wifecat
01-18-2013, 01:21 AM
I just got my $40 kick sprite today (from the clearance section). It arrived in great shape - a smidgen dirty, but rather than clean it, I just went and made it dirtier by using it. :yay: I was nervous thinking it might really not be for an adult, and to be fair, it wouldn't be for a lot of adults and I see this as being a potential problem, but...

I love it! I'm just under 5'4" and weigh about 135. This scooter would probably be too short for anyone over 5'5" or so (I think, because of handle bar height. Obv, just a guess). I think I'm really the weight limit. My husband is just under 220 (the actual product weight limit) and I won't let him get on it. It feels sturdy for me, but I already warned him to keep his paws off.

It was not super fast for me, but it was smooth and plenty speedy! Really, I'm scooting around my cul-de-sac with a 2 and 3 year old, and for that, it was perfect! I loved scooting with the kids, and they thought it was fun for Mom to be on a scooter, too.

So, I love it but can see it being a problem if I'm, say, at the park with my kids and someone else wants to try it out. I can't very well say it's not an adult scooter, but...I don't know. That worry might sound stupid but I once had a parent jump on my kid's mini to test it out! Eeek! Get off!

I think dh is going to want one now...