PDA

View Full Version : Stomach flu?

lcarlson90
01-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Do your kids get the stomach flu every year? It seems like my kids get it once a year and I am just wondering if this is the norm. They haven't gotten it yet this winter and I feel like they are ticking time bombs especially since there has been so many recent posts on here about kiddos with stomach bugs.

SnuggleBuggles
01-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Neither ever really gets stomach stuff (knock on wood!).

vludmilla
01-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Only twice in 6 years.

KpbS
01-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Yes and same here. DS1 has gi problems so the stomach bug to him is so much worse than the average healthy child. It lasts way longer and he has lingering pain for weeks and weeks. We wash hands like maniacs, use hand sanitizer when that's not an immediate option, and I make them eat lots of yogurt. Still I know it's out there and just a shopping cart/school day away! Ugh.

kaitlyns.mom
01-13-2013, 01:07 AM
This is our first year getting it. DS got it first (he's 2) and I have no idea where... then we thought we were in the clear and DD got it at 2 in the morning almost five days later. Luckily hers seems to be super mild and she has been in pretty good spirits today. I will be paranoid from now on though!

calebsmama03
01-13-2013, 01:34 AM
My DD (7) gets stomach bugs several times a year. Any time I hear something I going around I pretty much sit back and wait for it to hit. Hope yours avoid it.

ellies mom
01-13-2013, 01:44 AM

:yeahthat: Down to the emphatic knock on wood. My girls are more likely to get a cold that results in a lingering post nasal drip cough.

joonbug
01-13-2013, 06:27 AM
Knock on wood, no! DD maybe once? Not even sure if it was a true stomach flu, but she has gastro issues as well and used to throw up fairly on a regular basis... Thinking about, maybe she didn't even get it, not the full blown kind with diarrhea, stomach pains etc. I never got one, neither DH. She gets colds at the drop of a hat but I'll take that gladly instead!

JBaxter
01-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Knock on wood its been several years since mine have gotten at stomach virus Jack is 4 and never has but that kid has only been "sick" twice in his life not counting chicken pox

TwinFoxes
01-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Last year when it was rampant here DDs got it bad, so did DH. It was a really bad year though, schools were literally closing for a few days. In general DDs are healthy despite their rough start.

♥ms.pacman♥
01-13-2013, 09:23 AM

:yeahthat:

my kids have both vomited (DD, only once) but it has either been bc of 1) spiking fever during a cold 2) tummy upset due to antibiotics or 3) gagging on phlegm while coughing. the worst tummy issues i've ever had to deal is loose stools for 2-3 days. i have a 3yo and nearly 2 yo and i have thankfully never had to deal with the endless vomiting/diarrhea typical of stomach bugs..i am thankful for that. my kids do get tons of tons of colds though..they're on their 4th cold since starting daycare 6 weeks ago!

SkyrMommy
01-13-2013, 09:45 AM
We're just getting over it here, DD was sick on Friday, and DH and I were woozy and feeling ill, but neither of us got truly sick. It seems to hit us once a year.