PDA

View Full Version : Nosebleeds

ahisma
01-13-2013, 02:01 AM
I started getting nosebleeds over the holidays, at the same time that I was sick. I chalked it up to illness and dealt with it.

Now I have recovered, but the nosebleeds are continuing - actually increasing. I'm up to 2-3 a day. It's a nightmare. They happen all over the place - in a client meeting on Friday (dandy, right?)

I don't think it's lack of humidity, we haven't been running the heat much and have a humidifier attached to the furnace. I've had 3 today, and it's been raining much of the day - we had the windows open too.

I really don't want to go to the doc for something as silly as nosebleeds, but this is getting crazy. I'm generally not prone to nosebleeds. Prior to these past few weeks I probably averaged one ever 3-5 years.

MamaMolly
01-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Lula gets a lot of nosebleeds, and the recommendation for her is that we keep her nostrils moist with vaseline. We use a qtip to get a little up there. When she gets crusty we use the canned saline spray to rinse the goop away.

jerigirl
01-13-2013, 11:22 AM
I would go get checked. Vessels can be cauterized to stop them from bleeding. In the meantime use Vaseline like pp mentioned.