PDA

View Full Version : Help! DS2 dented the SS fridge at our luxury rental place!

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2013, 08:47 AM
We are renting a very nice condo for the winter. It's only a few years old, and in perfect condition. My mom gave the boys some extendable flashlights and DS2 was spinning around and dinged the stainless fridge door. ugh. I tried calling and independent appliance store - they said order a new door for $500. I called Dent Wizard (who gets out similar dents in cars) and they don't do fridges. I called LG who could only tell me they'd send a technician for $90 to assess. (?? Yes, maam. I can assess the problem on my own. It is a DENT.)

Please help me figure out a way to get this fridge fixed!! (We totally don't want to buy another and take this one to the next house. It sucks. Door NEVER stays shut. Has a beeper to tell you the door is still open - goes off constantly, and it's SMALL! 21 cubic feet!)

I think it is an older model of this one http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/LFC21776ST.html

jjordan
01-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Sounds like normal wear and tear to me. Are you familiar with rental laws in your state? I'd start by trying to find out what kind of damages renters are responsible for; you may not be on the hook for it at all (legally).

Maybe try one of those suction cup thingies that you can use to get dents out of cars?

JBaxter
01-13-2013, 09:14 AM
I think you can just get the front panel for most fridges/dishwashers vs the whole door. Get on line to the "makes" website and look up the parts

tmahanes
01-13-2013, 09:16 AM
You could get a dent puller and try to get it out on your own.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

flashy09
01-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Try a toilet plunger! I don't know if it's strong enough, but I did a quick google and it's the first thing to try for car dents according to "eHow.com" If that doesn't work try taping some dry ice over the dent. Then maybe try banging it out from the inside? This is all from eHow and all cheap things to at least try!