PDA

View Full Version : DCs Morning Activity...

StantonHyde
01-13-2013, 02:10 PM
They both just tromped outside (it is all of 10 degrees outside and we have close to 3 feet of snow) in their pjs, boots, sweat shirts, sunglasses and are armed with a plastic sword and a pee wee baseball bat.

Why?????

To knock icecicles off the the roof over hang on the deck. Yep, good ole home fun in the winter!!

marie
01-13-2013, 02:28 PM
love it!

(and jealous because we're going through January thaw right now so the many feet of fluffy snow has compacted down to a slippery, crusty 6 inches! :thumbsdown:)

anonomom
01-13-2013, 03:54 PM
So cute!

Meantime, here in NC my kids ran outside in short-sleeved dresses and crocs, to blow bubbles and ride bikes. It's 70 degrees here.

And all they do is ask me when it's going to snow. :rolleye0014:

elephantmeg
01-13-2013, 04:01 PM
wow-it's like 65 degrees here. We're in t-shirts!

WatchingThemGrow
01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
sounds like a blast!! (currently sweating inside)

BabyH
01-13-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm jealous. I've been saying "When I was a kid we had five feet of snow..." - we've seen snow once this year, and it knocked out power for a week so we were in a hotel. All I want is a great big snow so "everything stops" (except power) and we can go out and have old fashioned snow playtime!

daniele_ut
01-13-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm jealous. I've been saying "When I was a kid we had five feet of snow..." - we've seen snow once this year, and it knocked out power for a week so we were in a hotel. All I want is a great big snow so "everything stops" (except power) and we can go out and have old fashioned snow playtime!

Don't be jealous! I live in the same town as Rebecca and it was below zero here overnight, my driveway is covered in 4" of hard packed snow that fell after we spent an hour shoveling the other 8", and my garage door keeps freezing in protest. I am DONE with winter!

BabyH
01-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Don't be jealous! I live in the same town as Rebecca and it was below zero here overnight, my driveway is covered in 4" of hard packed snow that fell after we spent an hour shoveling the other 8", and my garage door keeps freezing in protest. I am DONE with winter!

You make it sound so bad! ;) But I know, I know, the week we were without power and living in a hotel wasn't all that great. But I really just want some snow to play in!

StantonHyde
01-14-2013, 01:02 PM
We had to snowblow/shovel 3x in 24 hours due to all the snow. We just laid low. It is BUTT cold and I don't like the cold. But I love the snow. We need all the water we can get and that's the only way we get it here!!