PDA

View Full Version : Yoga DVD to do with DD1 (9yo)

marie
01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
DD1 has been taking a yoga class and loves it. Was thinking it might be a nice thing for us to do together at home. Most of the kids DVDs seem to be geared for the 3-6 yo age group.

any ideas? maybe just a beginner yoga dvd?

(I checked Netflix but didn't see any yoga DVDs to watch instantly - is that possible?! Also, there are so many negative reviews of the DVDs on Netflix, it's hard to tell what's a good one.)

infomama
01-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Not a DVD but i always suggest www.yogaglo.com
it's free for 15 days so give it a try. Just search for beginner classes.

roseyloxs
01-19-2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Manga-Yoga-Blossom-Timm-Hogerzeil/dp/B004A0UIZS

I bought this with a couple others and shelved it because it was for older kids then mine. Seems like it would be good for a 9 yo though.

Claki
01-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Check Netflix again -- I just did the Shanti Generation in the Netflix Instant Que because it was the only yoga workout I could find streaming... and it would be perfect for you to do with a 9 yo DD.

kristenk
01-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Not a DVD but i always suggest www.yogaglo.com
it's free for 15 days so give it a try. Just search for beginner classes.

The yogaglo website looks interesting. I went to the Beginner Center, but I'm not sure which style of yoga is right for me. Is there a place I can figure out what's the difference between Anusara, Ashtanga, Basics, Hatha, etc.? I'd like to give yoga a try, but really don't know where to start.

(and I thought I could recruit my almost-9yo, too!)

infomama
01-20-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't know a great deal about the others but I do vinyasa flow/power vinyasa. There is a small description of each type at the style pull down menu.

marie
01-21-2013, 10:54 PM
thanks for the recommendations! will look into them.

We're in the midst of a 40-day meditation program (5 minute meditation/day for 40 days, not 40 straight days of meditation LOL) so I'll probably wait until we're done with that to introduce it...