PDA

View Full Version : Is there an app to shut down iPod/ipad...

gatorsmom
01-14-2013, 10:59 AM
after a certain amount of usage? I've done several searches but can't find one (or I'm not wording my search right). I can't constantly police the iPods in our house but I gotta get the kids to spend less time on them.

Suggestions?

Pennylane
01-14-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm in the same boat! What I have started doing is setting the kitchen timer. I also have found it helpful to set up a charging area where all ipads/ipods must be kept.

Ann

wellyes
01-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Lock 'em up. DD would happily spend all afternoon on it, so I get where you're coming from. I find leaving it lying around is too tempting, I have to tell her 'no' more than I want to. So I keep it in my room and let her access it very specifically ("You can go into my room and get the ipad") with a time limit.

TwinFoxes
01-14-2013, 11:45 AM
No app that I know of, but you don't need one. Set your ipad's timer for say, 15 minutes. Under alarm put "sleep ipad". Then, in the settings, put "require passcode immediately". So basically, your ipad will shut off when the timer is up, and you need a passcode to open it back up. That should work. :)

stillplayswithbarbies
01-14-2013, 11:51 AM
I have one called Limit Game Time but I have never used it. It just sets off an alarm at the time you specify and the kid has to bring it to you to put in the password to turn it off.

search the app store for Limit Game Time and you will see it, and several others.

squimp
01-14-2013, 11:56 AM
No app that I know of, but you don't need one. Set your ipad's timer for say, 15 minutes. Under alarm put "sleep ipad". Then, in the settings, put "require passcode immediately". So basically, your ipad will shut off when the timer is up, and you need a passcode to open it back up. That should work. :)

Great idea. I need one of these for dd's library books!

kristac
01-14-2013, 04:31 PM

What timer??

kristac
01-14-2013, 04:33 PM
I have one called Limit Game Time but I have never used it. It just sets off an alarm at the time you specify and the kid has to bring it to you to put in the password to turn it off.

search the app store for Limit Game Time and you will see it, and several others.

We use Limit Game Time Now! It will set off an alarm every few seconds until you put in your password.

TwinFoxes
01-14-2013, 05:37 PM
What timer??

The built in timer. Tap the clock to open it. There should be a "timer" tab at the bottom of the screen. I have a mini, but I'm pretty sure DH's old iPad has one too.

kboyle
01-17-2013, 02:13 PM
We use Limit Game Time Now! It will set off an alarm every few seconds until you put in your password.

we've got the same thing. it will lock the screen till the password is put it :) i'm pretty sure it was free when i got it, not sure about now.

we don't use it, but once my kids are home from school, have hw done, and have eaten dinner they have an hr tops for video games or tv, so at that point, i'm cleaning up the kitchen that i could care less what they're doing as long as theyre out of my hair!