PDA

View Full Version : Question about urgent care--Patient First?

TwoBees
01-14-2013, 11:40 AM
All this talk of flu and other illness caused my ears to perk up this morning when I heard a radio ad about a new Patient First urgent care center in my area. Actually, the website indicates that several new ones will be opening in my area soon. Has anyone been to a Patient First center? Are they any good? I feel it is a good idea to have the location of an Urgent Care center on hand just in case, although I hope we never have to use it!

div_0305
01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
A location opened up really close to us last year, and it is awesome! I was really disappointed by the other urgent care centers we had used in my area, so wasn't expecting much from this one. We were really surprised by how incredibly clean and organized they were. The wait was minimal, and the doctors have been great. We've even taken DD there for ear infection check ups instead of her regular ped. And their cleanliness has been kept up! *Everyone* in my local moms' group has raved about it for babies, kids and adults. I'm not exaggerating!

StantonHyde
01-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Any instacare is ok for routine stuff like ear infections. But if you think it is something bigger, don't trust them. Period. DH is an ER doc. He sees the results of their "bad calls" all the time.