PDA

View Full Version : Party favor ideas for 9 year old boys??

newmomto1
01-14-2013, 11:54 AM
DS will be turning 9 next month and having a sports bday party.
I am looking for ideas for "cool" party favors.
His friends are into sports, video games, iDevices, etc. Kind of past the toy stage already.
The favors do not have to be sports themed. Just looking for something that they might actually like and use (and think is cool ;))
Any thoughts??

ezcc
01-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Maybe not the answer you are looking for, but ds rarely gets favors at parties any more (he is 10). I think it's fine to skip it if you want. He'd probably be most enthused about candy.

bisous
01-14-2013, 11:58 AM
I totally have a 9 year old boy but he's so atypical in his interests that I'm not sure his favorites would be hits. He definitely still likes toys.

I'll be watching this thread with interest.

hellokitty
01-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Are they still into pokemon? My almost 9 yr old is REALLY into it, and if I did a party for him, I'd consider just getting a pk of pokemon cards for each kid as a favor. I also agree that at this age, they are starting to outgrow needing favors.

bisous
01-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Oh yeah, my 9 yo would LOVE candy. Like a full sized candy bar would be great!

SnuggleBuggles
01-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Someone a few weeks ago asked about giving king sized candy bars and we gave that a thumbs up. :) I like that idea. A big homemade cookie could be good too. I like consumables.

ilfaith
01-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Maybe some sports themed cookies (decorated to look like baseballs, footballs, soccer balls), like these...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/passionfordecor/1797165928/

Percycat
01-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Someone a few weeks ago asked about giving king sized candy bars and we gave that a thumbs up. :) I like that idea. A big homemade cookie could be good too. I like consumables.

This was probably me. : ) DS and I went to Walgreens and bought very large KitKat bars, because that is his favorite candy. I think they were well received. Walgreens had a large selection of bigger candy. When we went, they happend to be running a special and the largest KitKat bar was selling for $1.00 apiece (which was actually less than the price of a smaller kitkat bar).

Tondi G
01-14-2013, 04:27 PM
yeah a candy bar would probably go over well. Or maybe a package of Big League Chew gum? Kinda sports themed. Do they still make Gatorade gum?

In early December they had small foam football in the dollar spot at Target ... but I think they were actually $2.50 each. We got one for our neighbors son cause he was always asking to borrow our nerf football. He really liked it ... and he's 12! they looked like this one
http://www.amazon.com/POOF-Slinky-525-5-5-Inch-Football-Assorted/dp/B0042H8JBO/ref=pd_sim_sg_2

fauve01
01-14-2013, 04:44 PM
at DD's 9th party last fall, we gave out $3 gift card to the local fro yo (ice cream + mix in toppings) shop. It was very well received --everyone loved it!

elbenn
01-14-2013, 04:58 PM
These bubblegum popcorn boxes are pretty cute.

http://www.amazon.com/Ludo-LLC-Candy-Bubble-2-12-Ounce/dp/B00650HWTG/ref=sr_1_36?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1358196850&sr=1-36

nc_hope
01-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Don't know how many guests you are expecting so this may or may not be too cost prohibitive, but at my son's party last year we gave out water bottles that I had taken a paint pen and written each child's name on. I found some at Target that were not too expensive (but BPA free), maybe $5ish dollars a piece? We were having a small party (I think we had 6 guests). They all loved them, and I've seen them used at soccer games, etc since. I liked the idea of giving something useful!