PDA

View Full Version : Success--chicken recipe

crl
01-14-2013, 12:42 PM
It is almost impossible to find something to cook that my entire family will eat. But last night I tried a new chicken recipe and they all ate it!

http://www.annies-eats.com/2010/04/15/lemon-chicken/

It's not quick because it is pieces oven baked, but it is pretty simple. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I used dried thyme and rosemary instead of fresh because I didn't want to go to the store.

I served it with oven roasted cauliflower (just washed, broken into florets, tossed with olive oil and salt, and roasted in the oven with the chicken for the last 25 minutes or so) and cherries.

Catherine

hellokitty
01-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks for sharing! It sounds like an easy recipe, so I pinned it for later!

crl
01-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks for sharing! It sounds like an easy recipe, so I pinned it for later!

Yes, very easy. Just requires a bit of planning ahead to marinate and enough time to bake for 55 minutes. Hope you all like it too!

Catherine

Claki
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
I bookmarked it too. But Lemon Chicken always reminds me of "Everybody Loves Raymond." ;-)

hellokitty
01-14-2013, 09:33 PM
I bookmarked it too. But Lemon Chicken always reminds me of "Everybody Loves Raymond." ;-)

Me too! That's actually one reason I want to try this recipe, lol.

sariana
01-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Just FYI, you can buy Tuscan Blue rosemary at Lowe's (and probably The Home Depot), and it is edible. It grows really well here in SoCal--not sure how well it would grow there, but there's not a huge difference in climate. If Tuscan Blue is too big for your available growing space, try Huntington Carpet. It is a low-grower but needs to be cut back, or it will take over!

crl
01-14-2013, 11:04 PM
We will definitely be planting rosemary in the future--just moved in here and landscaping is not the highest priority.

Catherine