PDA

View Full Version : Small Gift for Bunco??

ray7694
01-14-2013, 12:48 PM
I joined a group in our neighborhood and the host gives all 12 ladies a take home gift. Last night it was philosophy lip gloss. I wish this didn't start but what am I going to give on my host month that is CHEAP and NICE?

hellokitty
01-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Crap, that is a horrible thing to have started. I would just give everyone some chocolate, lol.

AnnieW625
01-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Wow, really, that sounds strange that everyone gets a gift. I would bake a plate of cookies. Everyone likes cookies or if they don't their DH's or kids will.

MamaMolly
01-14-2013, 12:58 PM
ITA food is the way to go. I'm sure there are others in the group that feel *exactly* like you do.

elbenn
01-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Crap, that is a horrible thing to have started. I would just give everyone some chocolate, lol.

I agree. As if the host doesn't have enough to do with getting the house ready! Chocolate sounds great--maybe those really nice Lindt bars or something similar.

LMPC
01-14-2013, 03:18 PM
I agree...stupid rule to start! First I would set a budget and then see what you can get. Chocolates, small box of tea, bake cookies or make cupcakes...I wouldn't try and one-up anyone. Just make it thoughtful!

Mommy2Abby
01-14-2013, 03:26 PM
ITA with something consumable. You could make cute little favor bags with cookies in them. Or, what about a mug with some tea bags in it? Or pen(s) and tablet(s)? If you put them together nicely, even something really cheap could look nice - it's just the gesture that counts, right?

ohiomom1121
01-14-2013, 03:35 PM
I am in a neighborhood bunco group....some of the favors I remember were pretty wine stoppers, thin beach towels tied up (theme was flip flops), little candy dishes, cute soap and mirror clings-it was for a holiday but don't remember which one. You could always hit up a Bath and Body works sale....they always seem to have certain scents marked way down. I know I saw nice little candles cheap there recently.

hellokitty
01-14-2013, 03:50 PM
I am in a neighborhood bunco group....some of the favors I remember were pretty wine stoppers, thin beach towels tied up (theme was flip flops), little candy dishes, cute soap and mirror clings-it was for a holiday but don't remember which one. You could always hit up a Bath and Body works sale....they always seem to have certain scents marked way down. I know I saw nice little candles cheap there recently.

??? Is it normal for bunco groups to have favors? I'm curious, b/c a group of moms I know want to start a bunco group and I am going to very loudly tell them there will be NO favors. As if it's not enough working playing hostess!

nfowife
01-14-2013, 04:35 PM
That's strange. At our bunco group the hostess gives a gift to the person who won the last bunco of the night. The rule in our group is $10 max. So it's usually a candle, nail polish set, etc. etc.

Everyone gets a gift? That is strange. I agree with food/candy in little treat bags. Or how about something like these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8x-Crystal-Folding-Handbag-Hanger-Purse-Bag-Hook-Holder-Color-USA-Free-Shipping-/110760834720?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c9dc36a0

candaceb
01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
??? Is it normal for bunco groups to have favors? I'm curious, b/c a group of moms I know want to start a bunco group and I am going to very loudly tell them there will be NO favors. As if it's not enough working playing hostess!

My bunco group only has favors in December and that is because the woman who hosts in Dec is Christmas crazy and makes us each a bunco themed ornament.

We play for money though- $10 each in the pot.

nfowife
01-14-2013, 05:11 PM
We also play for $$- everyone pays in $5 and a quarter (all the quarters go to the biggest loser of the night).

hellokitty
01-14-2013, 07:01 PM
We also play for $$- everyone pays in $5 and a quarter (all the quarters go to the biggest loser of the night).

Lol, I like how the biggest loser still gets the quarters.