PDA

View Full Version : Military Disney Tickets

infocrazy
01-14-2013, 02:59 PM
DH was in the Marine Corps for 4 years, then reserves for 2. This was 15 years ago. Does he qualify for the "active or retired" military discount? Where do we buy them if so? What does he need to show proof at the gate?

Fingers crossed, between suddenly seeing shockingly good airfare from DTW, and the quote from WBC, we might actually be taking our big family on a Disney Vacation! YEA!!!

If someone could PM me the mousesavers code for the undercover tourist website, that would be awesome. A rental van is crazy expensive (for this cheapskate!) and I read they do a discount.

I'm excited! We just need to verify we can both get the days off!

kaharris83
01-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Here is the military on property resort.
http://www.shadesofgreen.org/
I highly recommend it. You can pick up military Disney tickets there or at the recreation department on your local base. Here is the ticket info
http://www.shadesofgreen.org/4DAY2011.htm.

DietCokeLover
01-14-2013, 04:22 PM
I am not military, but have travelled to WDW with military friends and have been a part of their military discounts before. Double check me, but I don't think he is eligible for the military discounts/ tickets/ accommodations. I think it is for these who are active duty, reserves or retired. Not those who have served in the past.

Again, I am not military, but that is how it was two years ago when we travelled using some of my friends' military perks.

Cam&Clay
01-14-2013, 05:10 PM
He would not be eligible for military tickets.

AshUVA
01-14-2013, 05:55 PM
I just got the latest price list from our MWR and the savings for a day pass is a whopping $1 over the gate price! Its about $20 chaper for a 5 day hopper but the military discount has significantly decreased over all the tickets.

lalasmama
01-14-2013, 07:34 PM
I just got the latest price list from our MWR and the savings for a day pass is a whopping $1 over the gate price! Its about $20 chaper for a 5 day hopper but the military discount has significantly decreased over all the tickets.

Interesting... It's $125 less for a 3-day pass.

kaharris83
01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
A 4 day park hopper according to the Disney site is $333.35. The military ticket deal is $156.

Cam&Clay
01-14-2013, 10:21 PM
A 4 day park hopper according to the Disney site is $333.35. The military ticket deal is $156.

You have to be either active duty or retired to get the military discounts or to stay in Shades of Green. The exception, I believe, is that Shades of Green will occasionally allow those who have served at any time during specific time frames.