PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a Vitamix!!!

sunshine873
01-14-2013, 07:46 PM
I am pregnant, have some nutritional issues and between morning sickness and cravings, DH has really been trying to help me get what I need to eat. After the great sushi fiasco this weekend (I wrote a BP about it) DH has been trying to redeem himself. Today I was talking about how it would be nice to be able to make smoothies and mentioned that we don't have a blender anymore. He offered to go out and buy one right away. I mentioned the Vitamix and he balked at the price, but once I read him some BBB posts about the glories of the Vitamix (including being able to incorporate veggies into smoothies, etc) he told DD to get her shoes on because they were going to Costco! :cheerleader1:

I'm just really excited and had to share. The majority of my real life friends would be horrified that we are spending this much on a blender, but I know my BBB friends will be cheering right along with me!

inmypjs
01-14-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm totally happy for you!!! We just got one very recently and we love it!

georgiegirl
01-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Guess it's the silver lining to not getting sushi the other night!

georgiegirl
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Whoops, double post.

elephantmeg
01-14-2013, 08:26 PM
yeah! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunshine873
01-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Guess it's the silver lining to not getting sushi the other night!

Definitely! Plus, I ended up getting the sushi the next night, so all in all...a win-win situation for me. In reality though, I do look at the Vitamix as an investment for the whole family.

sunshine873
01-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Oooops. Duplicate post.

infomama
01-14-2013, 08:41 PM
:yay:love my Vitamix!

SASM
01-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Sooo excited for you! The Vitamix has truly changed the way we eat, and I like to think that we were already eating quite healthy to begin with. The smoothies and soups have been lifesavers! I love that I can hide spinach on the Smoothie Morning and they have no clue!! They eat veggies but I love that I can hide them in other places just because I CAN!!! Have fun with your new toy!!!

I LOVE mine so much that I was actually afraid that someone would try to write it into their negotiations/offer when my house was for sale last year! Going to go through the "fear" again this Spring when it goes back on the market.