PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass+ for 1 day?

lmr1101
01-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Now that I've booked our 1 day trip I'm trying to plan and make the most of our time at DisneyLand.
I am wondering if anyone thinks it would be worth the money to buy the PhotoPass + if we are only going to 1 park for 1 day?
We will spend one day at the park and then before heading on, we will go to Goofy's Kitchen for brunch the next morning.
So is that worth spending $70? I really wonder how many pictures we can take in 1 day.

lalasmama
01-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Here's my thoughts... Photopass+ is $70, prepaid (or $69, somewhere near that, right?). Character meal pictures are like $35. Ride photos are $15 or so. So, you'd need two character meals, or a character meal and three ride photos. Your kids are under 4yo, right? Then the ride photos aren't going to Be very prolific, I would think.

Sure, you'd get the option of "magic" pictures with the photopass photographers. But are you going to do $35+ worth of pictures with photopass photographers?

.... I'd pass, personally!

lmr1101
01-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Thanks for your input. You're right, both kids will be under 4 when we go and I'm pretty sure they won't be going on any rides.
I guess the only reason why I'm considering it is because we recently realized we have so few family pictures with all 4 of us in them. I was thinking if I knew going in that I already spent $70 (of our very limited budget) on pictures I would want to make sure I get my money's worth... but like you said I'm not sure it would be possible.

lalasmama
01-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Totally understand trying to do the pictures! Little known secret is that you can give a photopass photographer your camera to take family pictures, free if charge. No "magic" pictures like you would get with photopass, but better than a ton of just mom or dad with the kids!

lmr1101
01-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Wonderful tip... I think we'll just do that and save the money for an extra little something in one of the stores!