PDA

View Full Version : Fitbit on sale this week at Target

pakin
01-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Target has the Fitbit Zip pedometer for $49 this week.
http://www.target.com/p/fitbit-zip-wireless-activity-tracker-black-fb301c/-/A-14247765#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink
Amazon has it for $59.99

Fitbit One is $89.99.
http://www.target.com/p/fitbit-one-wireless-activity-tracker-black-fb103bk/-/A-14247768#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink
$99 at Amazon.

I bought the Zip on Sunday and really like it so far.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

pastrygirl
01-15-2013, 09:43 AM
I bought the One last week and really like it! It integrates into MFP, too. My husband even wants one now.

emschwar
01-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Of course they do! Because I just bought one on amazon yesterday. Wonder if it's too late to cancel the order.

pastrygirl
01-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Might not be much savings once you add tax in for buying at Target....

cilantromapuche
01-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Just so you know they are coming out with the Fit Flex that is a bracelet for $100 in the spring. This will hopefully eliminate losing it.

Melaine
01-15-2013, 09:14 PM
These look really cool! I want one...some day....maybe birthday.

BigDog
01-15-2013, 09:32 PM
DH bought me the fitbit one for Xmas. I wore it for a few weeks but I'm already kind of bored with it though. I find it difficult to believe the number of calories I burn doing nothing. Like I wake up in the morning and it'll say that I've already burnt 500 calories before even getting out of bed. Maybe snoring burns a lot?!

emschwar
01-15-2013, 09:37 PM
DH bought me the fitbit one for Xmas. I wore it for a few weeks but I'm already kind of bored with it though. I find it difficult to believe the number of calories I burn doing nothing. Like I wake up in the morning and it'll say that I've already burnt 500 calories before even getting out of bed. Maybe snoring burns a lot?!

The thing with the fitbit is your calorie burn also takes into account the amount your body burns just by being alive, so yeah, you'll burn calories doing nothing. But you burn a lot more if you're up and moving around. I find it really helpful to use with counting calories in food because it tells you how much more you can eat (or, if you're really hungry, that you need to move around some more to be able to!)

BigDog
01-15-2013, 09:45 PM
The thing with the fitbit is your calorie burn also takes into account the amount your body burns just by being alive, so yeah, you'll burn calories doing nothing. But you burn a lot more if you're up and moving around. I find it really helpful to use with counting calories in food because it tells you how much more you can eat (or, if you're really hungry, that you need to move around some more to be able to!)

It's just that on the days when I'm really active and on my feet nonstop, I look forward to seeing high numbers at the end of the day... and they're not that high compared to days when I'm less active. So then I question how accurate it truly is. I do like the sleep tracker though. I'm pregnant so I've been pretty restless at night and its interesting to see how poor my sleep really is!

kboyle
01-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Just so you know they are coming out with the Fit Flex that is a bracelet for $100 in the spring. This will hopefully eliminate losing it.

thanks for mentioning that! i've been wanting something, i've decided i hate running so my original thought on a gps watch is out. i've heard 'eh' reviews on both the nikefuel (since it doesn't use calories) and Jawbone UP. Seems most people like the fitbit, so the Flex is right up my ally :)

lovin2shop
01-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Weight watchers is using these now (not sure exactly which one), and people have commented at the meeting how many extra points they earn to eat. I'm curiously watching to see if it is precise enough to allow for the extra eating without weight gain.