PDA

View Full Version : Booking trip

kmm
01-15-2013, 09:14 AM
I've never planned a trip to Disney before and am wondering if we should book our trip through a travel agent or do it ourselves online through the Disney site?

acmom
01-15-2013, 09:22 AM
I've done it through a AAA travel agent, on the disney site and on the phone with Disney. Each time the prices were the same thru the agent as they were on the website, but I do like talking to someone rather than doing it online bc they can give you info and make requests such as a particular building on a resort that will meet your needs. I fond the Disney people to be just as helpful as the agent, so I book directly now. We have also always gone during a Disney promo time (free dining, etc.) so that was a better deal for us than some of the smaller deals through travel agents at the time.

Twoboos
01-15-2013, 09:23 AM
I have a friend who is a Disney Travel Agent - shoot Melissa an email or give her a call! :) And happy planning!!

http://spellboundvacations.com

lalasmama
01-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Disneyland, or Disney World? If its for Lamd, not hard to do without a travel agent, and less likely to get screwed over. For World though, I have no idea :)

hellokitty
01-15-2013, 12:02 PM
It doesn't cost extra to book with an agent if that is what you're wondering. However, I've always booked our trips myself. The same promos are available to the public and agents. If you book trough an agent, I highly suggest that you pick one who is a real Disney agent.

kmm
01-16-2013, 12:27 AM
So we would get the same discounts no matter how we book it?