PDA

View Full Version : Help--Robotic floor cleaners?

abstonka
01-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Which ones have you tried, which ones are keepers, etc? We are moving soon, and I want to purchase something that can help keep the floors in decent shape between thorough, old fashion cleanings. We'll have about 1000 sq feet of tile (sigh--I hate grout!) and the rest carpet. We live near the beach, so we battle sandy floors daily (double sigh).

I have had the Mint Plus recommended to me as well as the Neato. Heard bad reviews on Roomba. Please help. I hate to spend $200 - $400 on an item that may not work. Thanks!

Pinky
03-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Which one did you end up getting? We just had our floors refinished and i'm thinking of getting a roomba 770.

elbenn
03-18-2013, 02:55 PM
I see this post is a couple of months old, so you may have already bought one. I have had a Roomba and it broke and also was a hassle--always getting caught on a rug or something. I now have a Neato and it is awesome!

Pinky
03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
I see this post is a couple of months old, so you may have already bought one. I have had a Roomba and it broke and also was a hassle--always getting caught on a rug or something. I now have a Neato and it is awesome!

Does your Neato do a good job of cleaning around the edges of your baseboards? I read that it doesn't have the little brush that sticks out like the roomba does so was wondering.