PDA

View Full Version : DD will not sleep!!

KLD313
01-16-2013, 12:38 AM
I can't take it anymore. She was always the best sleeper. Slept through the night from 6 weeks on, naps great. Ever since she turned 2 it all went downhill. At first she was teething and that stopped and it got better but lately she's awful. For the past week or so she will willing go to bed. I ask her if she wants to go, she gets up walks to the gate, takes her nightlight and picks a color, turns on the hall light, places her nightlight on the dresser, turns on this other light thing she has, puts up her arms to be put into the crib, says bye, love you and then SCREAMS!!! And SCREAMS and SCREAMS and SCREAMS! She cries too but the screaming gives me an instant headache it's so shrill.

Sometimes her dad will go in and tell her to stop and lay down and she will but most of the time he will just get her out and give her to me. I wait and do it all over again and she screams again. She was up until 2 am last night until she was so exhausted and screamed herself to sleep. No, I didnt let her scream all that time, the last time was about 5 mins before she passed out.

Idk what to do. I can't sit with her because DS is awake (that's a whole 'nother story). Today we gave her no nap because she woke up really late. I figured she would be tired. Nope. She went willingly to bed and then started screaming. She's still up. It's 11:30 pm!

Why would she go willingly and then freak out? What can we do?

crl
01-16-2013, 01:51 AM
Sleep issues are so hard. I wish I had good advice, but I don't really.

The only thing I thought of is, is it possible she has an ear infection? The change in position might make it hurt?

Catherine

KLD313
01-16-2013, 01:54 AM
Sleep issues are so hard. I wish I had good advice, but I don't really.

The only thing I thought of is, is it possible she has an ear infection? The change in position might make it hurt?

Catherine

I doubt it because she never gets in the laying down position, just stands ther and SCREAMS. LOL! We're still up. 1 AM.