PDA

View Full Version : WDW tickets for a 9-year-old turning 10 years

justlearning
01-16-2013, 02:29 PM
If we were to go to WDW the week that my DS turns 10 years old, would he need to have an adult pass for the days that he's 10 and a child pass for the days that he's 9? Or could he use a child pass for the whole week?

How does it work? Do you have to show a birth certificate upon purchasing the tickets (or when using them) to prove that a child is younger than 10? Or do they just do it based upon the honor system or how old a kid looks?

ETA that it's not a big deal because the price difference between adult and child isn't that great. I assume that I could buy a multiple-day pass for a child considering that he would be 9 at the beginning of its use.

TwinFoxes
01-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Their policy is as long as he's nine at the beginning of your trip you're good. :)

ChefGirl
01-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Do they check or ask for proof of age at WDW?

TwinFoxes
01-16-2013, 06:08 PM

I don't actually know. DDs went the first time when they were 2.5, so free, and no one questioned us. But they were pretty small, I don't think anyone looked at them and thought they might be 3y/o. If your DC is big, or on the edge of the ages, I'd bring something just in case.

Tondi G
01-17-2013, 01:47 AM
they don't ask for proof of age.

kbud
01-17-2013, 02:39 PM

You don't need proof of age.