PDA

View Full Version : Best iphone5 deal?

daisy13
01-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I a kicking myself for missing the Walmart deal over Christmas...

What's the best deal for an AT&T iPhone 5?

ckso
01-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Did you check best buy it Fry's? They had it at $50 off for a while plus discounts on accessories

citymama
01-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Bookmarking as I want one too!

TwoBees
01-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Bookmarking as I want one too!

Same here. But I need a no-contract one.

calebsmama03
01-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Same here. But i need a no-contract one.

I also want a no contract one. More $$ upfront but so much cheaper over the life of a 2 year contract.

mommymy
01-16-2013, 08:35 PM
I also want a no contract one. More $$ upfront but so much cheaper over the life of a 2 year contract.

Not to high jack the thread but if you get a no contract one, who do you activate it with? Don't you need a data plan with a major mobile company to use it? Sorry for the ignorance. I still have a basic flip top phone. Thanks.

TwoBees
01-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Not to high jack the thread but if you get a no contract one, who do you activate it with? Don't you need a data plan with a major mobile company to use it? Sorry for the ignorance. I still have a basic flip top phone. Thanks.

You need a plan that includes data. Generally when people buy a phone off contract (eg, non-subsidized and full retail price), it is because they already have a contract and want a different phone. Sometimes the contract is not up yet, but they want to switch phones, and sometimes they do not want to renew for another 2 years (which is my case). If you have never had a smartphone before on your line, you have to upgrade to a data package.

TwinFoxes
01-16-2013, 09:56 PM
I just saw an article in the LA Times that Walmart is phasing out their discounts iPhones. I'll look for it,I remember the prices were good.

ETA: Here it is, $127. But it ends Saturday.
http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-walmart-iphone-5-sale-straight-talk-20130110,0,5978315.story

daisy13
01-16-2013, 11:13 PM
I just saw an article in the LA Times that Walmart is phasing out their discounts iPhones. I'll look for it,I remember the prices were good.

ETA: Here it is, $127. But it ends Saturday.
http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-walmart-iphone-5-sale-straight-talk-20130110,0,5978315.story

:(.. It ended on jan12th

daisy13
01-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Did you check best buy it Fry's? They had it at $50 off for a while plus discounts on accessories

Thanks a lot!! I will check with the frys in my town Tomm...

calebsmama03
01-17-2013, 01:01 AM

There are several places where you can get an iPhone plan MUCh cheaper than the big 3. Generally you pay full retail for the phone but the plans are so much cheaper that you save hundred when compared to a contract plan over 2 years. Google "cheapest iphone plans" (or similar) and see what comes up. :) Virgin Mobile, Cricket, Straight talk, Paige plus, etc. Tmobile can also accommodate iphones (4 and 4s) "unofficially" now on a plan that is $50ish a month but will be getting an official iphone contract in a few mos. Rumor has it they are no longer going to be doing subsidies on ANY phones and their plans will all be non contract.

larig
01-17-2013, 02:13 AM
There are several places where you can get an iPhone plan MUCh cheaper than the big 3. Generally you pay full retail for the phone but the plans are so much cheaper that you save hundred when compared to a contract plan over 2 years. Google "cheapest iphone plans" (or similar) and see what comes up. :) Virgin Mobile, Cricket, Straight talk, Paige plus, etc. Tmobile can also accommodate iphones (4 and 4s) "unofficially" now on a plan that is $50ish a month but will be getting an official iphone contract in a few mos. Rumor has it they are no longer going to be doing subsidies on ANY phones and their plans will all be non contract.

And their phones will be eligible for a payment plan, where you pay them off $20 a month or something like that. The cost of phone plan + phone will still be quite low. I'm wondering if AT&T and Verizon won't follow suit.