PDA

View Full Version : Andy Cutler's low dose chelation

Sweetum
01-16-2013, 09:21 PM
I recently came across this talking to the mom of one of the kids at DS' speech therapy. I was wondering if anyone on this board has heard of Andy Cutler's protocol for chelation. It would interesting to hear what ppl here think of it and if anyone has tried it for themselves or their DC.

elliput
01-16-2013, 11:57 PM
My thoughts?

I'll defer to the FDA on this- FDA issues warnings to marketers of unapproved ‘chelation’ products (http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm229320.htm)

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today warned eight companies that their over-the-counter (OTC) chelation products are unapproved drugs and devices and that it is a violation of federal law to make unproven claims about these products. There are no FDA-approved OTC chelation products.

There is absolutely no way I would ever expose my DC to chelation.

VClute
01-17-2013, 08:48 AM
I agree. While it is so seductive to believe there's a magic bullet out there, I don't believe there is.

sste
01-17-2013, 11:15 PM
I don't know this particular chelation therapy but chelation for lead poisoning for example is only done at the very highest levels of poisoning b/c otherwise the cure is worse than the disease - - and even at the highest levels data is emerging that it may not be as helpful as doctors had originally thought. Chelation as I understand it is not highly selective, it leaches out the good with the bad and can cause developmental and physiological harm as a result. I also asked one of our physicians about an "alternative chelation" that a friend's child was doing and she looked at the formula for us and told us there was a heavy metal IN the particular chelation.

HTH.