PDA

View Full Version : s/o - do you wear a belt with jeans?

theriviera
01-17-2013, 10:57 AM
I've been thinking about this lately. I never wear belts as i'm short waisted and i've always thought they cut me in half. however, belts do serve a functional purpose and i think i need to try one. i just got new jeans and they fit well, but they slide down. i think it's because i'm apple shaped and my "spare tire" :) is pushing them down. but it looks ridiculous. i wore DH's belt the other day and it was much better.

so, this is a long rambling way of asking about belts with jeans. if you do wear one, can you recommend one for me? i'm 5'3", size 4.

thanks!

Myira
01-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I am 5' 2" and nowadays I do wear belts with jeans, else they seem to want to just fall down, especially towards the end of day. I do not like it though, since then the outline of that belt shows under my shirt and I do not need any additional junk in the trunk :)

arivecchi
01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
No. I don't love the look. I do love belts with skirts and slacks.

katydid1971
01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
These are great for jeans.
http://www.invisibelt.com/

weech
01-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Never. I like the look fine when the person is wearing a shirt that is short enough to show the belt, but I never do. I'd just look lumpier than I already am.

fivi2
01-17-2013, 12:08 PM
I do sometimes, depending on the shirt. I just have plain boring belts, probably from Target or Old Navy. I don't if I am wearing an untucked shirt, because of the lump factor. But if I am tucking in (and wearing a cardi or jacket usually), then yes, I wear a belt. And yes, it usually matches my shoes (brown or black). ;)

wendibird22
01-17-2013, 01:08 PM
I do sometimes, depending on the shirt. I just have plain boring belts, probably from Target or Old Navy. I don't if I am wearing an untucked shirt, because of the lump factor. But if I am tucking in (and wearing a cardi or jacket usually), then yes, I wear a belt.
:yeahthat:

I'm 5'2" and I'm pear shaped so even the best fitting jeans tend to gap at the waist. If my shirt is short enough that bending over will reveal butt crack then I definitely wear a belt and I always wear one one if my top is tucked in. I was always told by a stylist that if your pants have belt loops that show you must wear a belt.

AnnieW625
01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Yes all of the time. I feel weird not wearing a belt with jeans. I rarely however wear a shirt that needs to be tucked in. I am 5'6", pear shaped and a size 12/14. I always wore a belt as well when I was a smaller 6/8 pre kids.

joules
01-17-2013, 03:57 PM
I do if I'm tucking in my shirt. Otherwise it's too bulky.

I'm new to the belt thing. I never wore one before, but my fashionable co-worker always wore one and it always looked nice and completed the outfit. I'm still getting used to the extra work when I go to the restroom. haha. And having the extra step of having a belt there throws me off....I always forget about my zipper!

I have 2 old navy ones that I love. One is a skinny braided leather belt like this one: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=45856&vid=1&pid=250514032
Mine is brown with small gold studs randomly spaced throughout. And I have another brown one that is wider and looks like interlocking circles.

crl
01-17-2013, 04:17 PM
I wear a belt if I tuck the shirt in. Otherwise--which is most of the time--I don't.

Catherine

citymama
01-17-2013, 04:30 PM
No, I don't. My hips hold up my jeans nicely, thank you. ;)

maiaann
01-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Yes. If I don't wear a belt I'm constantly yanking my pants back up. :p

KrisM
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Yes. If I don't wear a belt I'm constantly yanking my pants back up. :p

Yes, me too. I find the look of a belt much nicer than the look of my stomach hanging out because my jeans are falling off.

Dcclerk
01-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Now that I have some belts that I love, I wear belts with jeans all the time. I found, though, that I didn't when my belt collection was just some standard Gap and Target belts. It took a buying a very nice, designer leather belt to push me over the edge. Now that I have some great belts, I wear them a ton. They pull together a basic outfit to make it look more intentional and stepped up.

I never thought about belts before having a stylist add a couple to a few outfits I was trying on. Now I am a big fan.

DrSally
01-17-2013, 08:25 PM
I wear my invisibelt every day with jeans. If I'm tucking/ half- tucking, I'll do a reg belt. I like D- ring belts.

DrSally
01-17-2013, 08:27 PM
I do if I'm tucking in my shirt. Otherwise it's too bulky.

I'm new to the belt thing. I never wore one before, but my fashionable co-worker always wore one and it always looked nice and completed the outfit. I'm still getting used to the extra work when I go to the restroom. haha. And having the extra step of having a belt there throws me off....I always forget about my zipper!

ITA! This has happened to me many times and makes me paranoid!

marie
01-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Yes, me too. I find the look of a belt much nicer than the look of my stomach hanging out because my jeans are falling off.

Bulk of belt showing through untucked shirt vs. muffin top exposure. Belt wins every time.

DrSally
01-18-2013, 10:37 AM

Bulk of belt showing through untucked shirt vs. muffin top exposure. Belt wins every time.

Try the invisibelt for the beat of both worlds.

Ceepa
01-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Sometimes when I want the belt to be noticed like a hit of color, but otherwise I wear my jeans more casually without.